Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Stereo Systems (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/73447-stereo-systems.html)

lonestar382 03-07-2004 09:51 AM

Stereo Systems

I'm thinking of having a new system installed in my 382. I don't have any experience with doing this in a boat and was looking for some tips/ideas. I would like a couple subs for sure, and proabably some better mids/highs.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as well as any ideas on pricing:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Corey

Audiofn 03-08-2004 07:25 AM

The bigest problem with the 383 was getting the wires back from under the sink area to the back seat and the batteries. It took Nort and I a couple hours of taking stuff apart and wressling witht the wire loom that I made to get it all the way back in the boat. It also required that it went unsapported most of the way back that I did not like but there was nothing I could do about it due to the lack of access. On Norts boat we went with 4 10" Subs under the back seat and added a amp for them. Other speakers were left stock. He has talked about the upgrade but now he owns that super cruiser so who knows :D:D

If you want to sonically upgrade your sound with the 6X9's that they put in there the best bet is going to be to use a plate to allow you to mount 6.5" Rounds in there.

Jon

lonestar382 03-08-2004 07:38 PM

Oh man, now I have to do something. Hearing about Nort's with 4 10's just got me fired up.

What do you think it would cost to mount 4 10's and leave the 6X9's stock.

Also, what subs would you recommend? I don't know anything about marine environment speakers, and minimal about car audio. Thanks again!!

Corey

Audiofn 03-09-2004 03:18 PM

In Norts Boat we used the Clarion 10" subs. They are easy to put in because they do not require a box. I absolutly hate the plastic that they make the front edge of the seat out of but I was stuck using it for Nort. If I had TONS of time I would make it out of wood and glass then recarpet. However they do sound good in Norts boat even with that plastic front edge. Last I looked I think that the Clarions are around 110 bucks each...... May be a little cheaper, and I know you can find them cheaper on the net.....

Jon

lonestar382 03-09-2004 05:10 PM

Thanks Jon,

One last question for ya', what type of Amp did you run, and where did you put it? Thanks for all the help.

Corey

Audiofn 03-10-2004 07:06 AM

We ran a Rockford I believe 1000 watt amp. Not 100% sure on that one but I know it was a Rockford. They do run warm so you have to keep them in a area that will stay some what cool. We put his under the sink were the stock amps are.

Jon

welly192 03-16-2004 05:17 PM

Eclipse a good head unit to attach iPod?

Currently I have a Sony POS as a head unit in my 242.
I am running a SoundStream 405 amp with Infiniti 6X9's
and 6" in the front.

I also have a POS Sony multi cartridge player that I
plan to toss and exchange it with my iPod to plug in the
aux-in of a head unit.

I need the aux-in for the iPod as well as a remote.
Any reason to not go with Eclipse?

Thanks in advance

Ray