docking light bulbs?

Notices
Formula

docking light bulbs?

Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thirdbird,

i got them at the local auto parts. i took my old one with me and they matched it. i would try a good "old school"
parts house. you know how bad the auto zones and such can be. "well, we can't find -thunderbird formula- on the computer so i don't think we carry that".....
Old 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Liquid Fix
hey thirdbird,

i got them at the local auto parts. i took my old one with me and they matched it. i would try a good "old school"
parts house. you know how bad the auto zones and such can be. "well, we can't find -thunderbird formula- on the computer so i don't think we carry that".....
Exactly!!!! Those parts stores are staffed by rivit-faced, tattoo'd, floppy pants, dumphuk punks that wouldn't know a Formula Thunderbird from a Ford Thunderbird.

If all you need is Armor All or spark plugs or cheapo replacement hub caps, Auto Zone is fine. But, I agree, you need a good supply shop with lots of stock run by an adult who's driven a car for more than two years and has actually worked on one or two in his/her day.

There,,,,,,, now that I got that off my chest,,,,,,,, thanks again for the info Liquid
Old 05-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Registered

Thanks, for all the info, I'm on the road and just got internet service tonight. I guess i'll replace both bulbs, so they look the same.

Hey Liquid Fix, do you like the spots better?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Registered

dawiz74,

i have not had a chance to run the boat at night since i installed the spots. i really looking forward to see if they light the tralier up better when loading at night. i might run the boat in the next day or two and i'll check back in and let ya'll know.....
Old 05-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: docking light bulbs?

I called Formula and they said you could replace the bulb by prying the rubber boot apart. They said you might have to use a razor blade or sharp edge to get it apart. The guy told me the replacement bulb was a GE 4519. I found them through Grainger @ http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...594456&ccitem= . I called O'Reilly's and they said it was a bad number, but they have a 4419 that is only about $13, but the candle power is only 1600? The 4519 is $35.00 and your only getting an average of 25 hours of usage, but at 30,000 cp's. All this is irrelevant until I get the rubber boot apart, which I have tried a couple of times already! I can't figure what part seperates? There is an approx. 1" ring that goes around the boot. Is this where it seperates?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: docking light bulbs?

ttt
Old 06-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

anyone have a bulb replacement number for a 2003 fastech 292?

port side dock light went out.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Those parts stores are staffed by rivit-faced, tattoo'd, floppy pants, dumphuk punks that wouldn't know a Formula Thunderbird from a Ford Thunderbird.

If all you need is Armor All or spark plugs or cheapo replacement hub caps, Auto Zone is fine. But, I agree, you need a good supply shop with lots of stock run by an adult who's driven a car for more than two years and has actually worked on one or two in his/her day.
WOW!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

i pulled mine. its a two prong 12v 35w bulb with a uv filter lens on the front. hope this helps anyone who needs one.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Dock lights

I got mine at Home Depot,,,,,......really exact match

Quick Reply: docking light bulbs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.