Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Fountain Speaker Up Grade (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/115383-fountain-speaker-up-grade.html)

Mikey Likes It 10-29-2005 10:42 PM

Fountain Speaker Up Grade

I have a 29 Fever that I would like to upgrade/add speakers in. I have kinda singled out the JL Audio Marine Speakers. Anyone have any experience with these. Also where on this boat would be a good place to add speakers? Can they be added in place of the mood lighting Fountain symbol on the sides of the cockpit? And/or I was thinking of installing them on the sides in the front lower part of the cockpit. The only thing that bothers me is cutting a hole in the boat. Can this cause any type of weakness in the boat or cause any cracks to take place?

blownincome 10-30-2005 05:03 AM

Re: Fountain Speaker Up Grade

ask Audiofn on the main board He will fill you in on what to get..
Bob

itilldo 10-30-2005 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by famous12345
I have a 29 Fever that I would like to upgrade/add speakers in. I have kinda singled out the JL Audio Marine Speakers. Anyone have any experience with these. Also where on this boat would be a good place to add speakers? Can they be added in place of the mood lighting Fountain symbol on the sides of the cockpit? And/or I was thinking of installing them on the sides in the front lower part of the cockpit. The only thing that bothers me is cutting a hole in the boat. Can this cause any type of weakness in the boat or cause any cracks to take place?

Bob,
I added / upgraded speakers to my 2004 29'. I had Extreme Audio out of Somerset, Ky do the work and they did a great job! They added two 12" subs in the back bench area and replaced the Fountain emblem with two speakers and installed two down at the Frt seats by the leg area with 2 speakers. I also added an additional remote at the transom. :drink: They installed MB Quartz and I really like them. They also installed another amp as well as a 6 dics CD changer and a DVD player with a 13 inch monitor for the Kids to watch. The CD changer, amp and DVD player/ monitor were added about two weeks ago so I have not been able to see it since the boat is at Cumberland Lake Marine getting some additional work done besides winterizing it. I cant wait until next summer!!

Eugene

PS
If I get the 38 Lightning I want, I would modify the speaker set up a little more than what I did this time. :drink: :D

blownincome 10-30-2005 05:47 PM

Nice!!!!!!!! :drink:

pullmytrigger 10-31-2005 07:42 AM

ittldo - post some pics........!!!

sleeper_dave 10-31-2005 11:04 AM

My 27 fever has two 10's under the rear seat (i want to move these - takes up good storage space), two 6x9's under the rear seat (mounted to the wall, firing forward by the rear seat passengers legs) and two speakers where the fountain emblems were.

if i had it to do myself, i'd put the subs elsewhere, lose the 6x9's and go with another set of components by the front passengers. The soundstage is too low and the stereo can hardly be heard from in the water behind the boat, which is where i usually want to be when listening.

Ran-Dom 32 10-31-2005 11:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
my sub is mounted up front - & 6 1/2's mounted throughout the cockpit - sounds awesome.

Back4More 10-31-2005 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's where I put them and what they look like....the cabin has the sub under the center of the couch, I spray painted the grill black.

itilldo 10-31-2005 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
ittldo - post some pics........!!!

PMT,

I'll post them as soon as I get it back from Cumberland Lake Marine. I cant wait to see the upgrades I had them do.

Itilldo

Mikey Likes It 10-31-2005 09:51 PM

What are the best Marine speakers out? Sound wise and durability.