Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
sell sell sell spring is almost here, >

sell sell sell spring is almost here,

Notices

sell sell sell spring is almost here,

Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sell sell sell spring is almost here, 30k off right now,.

107 mph 2002 35 Fountain.
dyno sheets, (when boat went to fountain for bottom work motors went to J Griffin and worked them over and dynoed)

*warranty
*USCG documented,
*stereo and amps etc were just put in. I spent 3500- in stereo upgrades
*Blower shop reconditioned blowers and chuck did a ton of other service work.
*Put 8 hrs since full serviced in 2005.

Boat has;

mercury 575's
whipple innercooled
az speed marine upgraded,
bigger injectors,
diff thermostats,
re mapped computers,
698 hp ea
multiple pulley and belt combinations available
Sea strainers
+ much much more..... = 698 hp ea
Very fast!!!
xr drives sportmaster lowers with 1 in spacer.
blueprinted rockered bottom by fountain
huge stereo
custom blue neon lighting in eng compartment
south Florida alum 3 axle trailer
current props 5 blade hydro's
warranty bumper to bumper
Boat has ran 107 mph with some 5 blade herrings.,.
A lot of billet bling bling
Chrome throttles
Bezels
Embroidered seatbacks
Pumpout head (we never used)
Refrigerator
bimini and the full factory canvas cockpit enclosure (never been put up),

the deal of the month right now,, this price this next 3 days
after that it will be listed and price will change, to what dealer wants to list for....
if you want it tie it up with a deposti,, i am cool with that,

Last edited by Jonas; 03-31-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: sell sell sell spring is almost here,

screamin deal
Old 03-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

That is a smoking hot deal. You don't find reliable 100 mph+ boats in that price range. Everything I've heard says the upgraded Merc 575's are a turnkey package. A lot of bang for the buck.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

jonas ,

I do believe we are both a little over Stevemaman's wallet. I've noticed your boat listed , nice looking package. Your prior deal does sound like my buddy's , there are times in life that we all are reminded of the age old saying " You get what you pay for , nothing more , nothing less ". Someone will come along that will appreciate what you have there.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stevemaman,

I have a 1995 35' I could let go for $90. Completely refitted. Here's the link.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8824.html
Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

stevemaman,
You need to whoa here guy , there is no offense intended here or anything posted. Your ranges are likely just a little on the low side if , in fact , you are looking to get into a clean , straight , hassle free boat. Regardless of the reason for the given price range. Shy of a desperate seller or a close to broke one , there just is no way to steal a quality used boat. It's easy to steal a marginal one , those that have them know how their boats compare to others out there.

Basic point here is that a "deal" on a preowned performance boat involves a lot more than just price. I am not a junior version of Bill Gates by any streatch of the imagination. I do OK with my contract / commercial flooring business , the apartment and commercial rental business , one to Verizon as their main service hub in this area , and one of the others to the state to house several of their local agency offices. I even dabble in selling boats for a close friend who owns a marina , does a great job of paying for gas - dockage - and other stupid chit I just gotta have for this boating habit I have. I have always set limits for my next / pending purchase , done the research , then set about the business of finding a good deal. When I set out to buy my Fountain I had a limit a to what I was willing to spend as well. Looked all over , found lots of boats that fit the dollars but none that fit my standards --- clean , not dicked with , 100% stock. Until Marginmn / Robert sent me a PM about his Fountain. It was exactly what I had spent most of the summer looking for , my friends were even starting to wonder if I really was going to buy a boat , but it was a little beyond my set limit. Robert is a real straight up guy , he portrayed the boat honestly , and offered his best price. He was not actively looking to sell but apparently saw me as a potential means to move up to a 38 Fountain and be in a position to buy outright when he found what he wanted also. I drove about 900mi. , one way , to look at his boat and decided it was a real " Deal ". We talked , test drove , and I wrote him a deposit check , then wired the balance to him several days later. Have been happy with my " Deal " for the past two years now.

Back to the point here ---- often the good deal is a little more money than we set out to spend. I would not part with mine for 90K , I feel it's worth a little more , but that's my opinion. Jonas's boat is obviously quite a bit more than that , it's newer , has upgrades , and the new big step boats just plain command a higher dollar. I can not speak to his " Energenic " attempts to offer up his boat for sale , that's his deal. Looking for a tip ? Go to - Full Tilt Marine . Com. - they have a 2000 35 Classic w / 500's. It is listed now for 95K , more than your limit , but they had it when I was looking two years ago , back then they were somewhere around 120K. I looked into it then , was to be a clean boat per others out there. I was going from Roberts in Kentucky to their place to look in person , but did not because Roberts was the deal for me. I had talked to them , some guy named Bob - find someone else - on the phone numerous times and was really considering that boat. Bob was one of them guys that keeps telling you to " Come on down , and see us " but refuses to put up his best offer for your consideration. Bob called me several days after I bought Robert's boat , he was kinda put off that I had not " Come on Down " to see him. Take a look !!! I remember seeing that boat offered under 90K this past winter , dealers will often do this , reduce for off season , then back up when the buyers come out in the spring. Not a bad thing , just an effort to stir up some business during a slower time. It's been there a while , they have got to be looking to find it a new home. Just do yourself a favor --- bypass good old BOB !!!

If you want , send me a PM if interested in what I have. Not into doing business here myself , but I would give you my number. It is over the 90K range , just being honest here.

Damn it's amazing how much you can type using one finger !
Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain525sc
Stevemaman,

I have a 1995 35' I could let go for $90. Completely refitted. Here's the link.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8824.html

There ya go.....Stevemaman.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

stevemaman,

your previous post makes no sense.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

stevemaman,

I for one am not offended. Just trying to throw out some info. In this hi-po boat world there are a lot of wannabe hot rodders, constantly trying to be faster, without the real ability to do so, be that dollars or knowledge, makes no difference, do yourself a favor and don't buy into their program. Just my .02. Did you check out the one at Full Tilt ? That, if as good as it was alleged to be, for under 90K would IMO be a good deal.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

BTW you can look at mine on your other thread, post #24, Marinmn/Robert is playing with me and my puter ignorance, he put up some of the pics he sent to me when we were working our deal, cause I can't figure how to myself.

Quick Reply: sell sell sell spring is almost here,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.