Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Opinions please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/146065-opinions-please.html)

Downtown42 11-28-2006 09:34 AM

Opinions please

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone ever paint the white plastic side vents or can you buy color anodized ones? Thinking about matching them to the 3 blue ones to the rear.

runafever 11-28-2006 09:59 AM

Re: Opinions please

NO WAY!!!!! Personal preference though. I have seen this on many other 35x and 42s. Very popular on the older models. Keep the white. Often times I see too many exterior mods and they look like your next door neighbors Cheyenne JC whitney special. Keep it clean!

runafever 11-28-2006 10:02 AM

The rear vents are anodized as you know downtown- if you do want to match them to the rear try and find the same color anodized. do not paint.

On Time 11-28-2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Anyone ever paint the white plastic side vents or can you buy color anodized ones? Thinking about matching them to the 3 blue ones to the rear.

Everytime I see that beautiful boat I'm envious! Leave the air intake vents white. Your boat looks great as it is. Just keep her clean and shiny!

But I agree, too much modification and it starts to look like something from the other side of town IYKWIM. The blue painted side vents on my '05 are already peeling and I have to get them replaced, either with anodized or powdercoated ones. The originals were from Dana Marine.

tomtbone1993 11-28-2006 01:46 PM

put down the crack pipe and stay away from the blue paint.....looks good as is :cool: :cool: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

next you will be wanting shag carpet :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :drink:

US1 Fountain 11-28-2006 03:57 PM

Just in case you do paint them, they have to be prepped right. I installed an aftermarket stereo in my '94 Chevy truck many yrs ago that required an aftermarket radio dash panel. The auto paint shop sold me plastic/vinyl prep that you spray on before the topcoat. It was just as durable as the molded dash panel. Finger nails wouldn't scratch it.

Just a FYI.

But I agree with the others, the blue on those vents would seem outta place since they are in the all white area. Plus they are big.

35 fountain 11-28-2006 04:00 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Looks great as is - leave it alone

heaterman 11-28-2006 04:35 PM

my old boat the previous owner had the vents and swim platform rhino lined to match the boat

RaggedEdge 11-28-2006 05:55 PM

DT ma' man, thanks for moving that video BTW.

I changed out the rear vents, from white to chromed to match the stainless rails, on my boat. Have seen an Anniversary package with the larger vents done in yellow to match the yellow stripe on the Anniversary paint, and IMO it just stood out too much, looks better in white where it blends into the hull. Just my .02, it's a matter of taste, yours can't be that far off, you chose a Fountain.

Downtown42 11-28-2006 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I agree after your posts. Thanks. Don't want to get cheesy. :D

See what happens when I stop drinking for a week? I'll head to the tavern now. :drink: