Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
29s.....problems getting fuel in..... >

29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

Notices

29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

been meaning to bring this up for awhile.......am I the only one that has to lift the nozzle all the way up in the gas filler and hold it there to be able to put the nozzle trigger full open........ so you dont have to stand there for an hour to gas up on "half throttle"

anyone have that problem and fix it.......could the hose from the filler neck to the tank be kinked??
Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
been meaning to bring this up for awhile.......am I the only one that has to lift the nozzle all the way up in the gas filler and hold it there to be able to put the nozzle trigger full open........ so you dont have to stand there for an hour to gas up on "half throttle"

anyone have that problem and fix it.......could the hose from the filler neck to the tank be kinked??
sittin here laughing because i remember doing the same thing years ago on the same boat.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dats a Fountain.

Gotta fill slowly too. Other wise it pours out the vent. On land, I listen very close for it to gargle, then go slower for the next 25 gals.
I can see both of my hoses going to the tank. No bends, kinks, nothing.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny this is brought up. I picked up my first fountain today. 88 Fever 27 and trying to fuel I could only get a max of $10 in trying to pump "normal". The gas guy said that it must be full and the gauge is off. I ended up climbing into the boat, then I had to hold it at an extreme angle to get the fuel to go in at all. I was able to keep it full on for a total of 88 gallons. ($200) I wish the attendant was right sometimes.

We did notice that there is a rather sharp bend when the nozzle goes in. If the on land pump didn't have the black spring loaded plastic piece I believe it would have been fine.

Last edited by prostock85; 01-09-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

I call on my secret powers of insertion and find the "sweet spot" so I can run the pump wide open. When I hear Obi Won inside my head, I reduce the flow on the pump one notch. When I hear Yoda say, "Full, almost, the tank is!", I put it on the slowest speed. I get a little bit out of the vent, but nothing the little window washer squeege can handle............May the Force be with you!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Registered

I have to fill it up on the water and man what a pain in the but. Thing sprays gas out the vents and spits back at you. Reggie could have done a better job on the tanks, vents, whatever. Also gas guage reads pegged on full for 4 hours of ruinning time and then starts bouncing of empty like immediately.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Registered

Around where I boat (inland lake) you DO NOT want to fill in water if at all possible. 3/4 of the season it was $4.69/gal for 89. This year..who knows
Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My 29 is the same way. So far I am the only one on our lake who can fill it up in less than an hour. There is a sweet spot where you can run it wide open but it is hard to find. The girls at the local gas dock hate to see me pull in. They know they are going to be there a while.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered

I have the same probem too.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

My 27 has the exact same problem. It took one time ( ok maybe two) where I had a truck full of girls and a cooler full of beer, and I got sprayed at the gas pump. That's when I learned that being 30 and having temper tantrums at the gas station was not attractive to women.

Quick Reply: 29s.....problems getting fuel in.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.