Fountain 38 Lightning >

Fountain 38 Lightning

Notices

Fountain 38 Lightning

Old 03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Get this - I just went to Home Depot and bought 1 bag of fertilizer - You know, the Scotts stuff to keep the crab grass from comming up. I paid $46.04 for the stuff - what the F _ _ _ !!! But hey - there really not sure about weather or not this is a recession. Neither of the 3 idiots running for office is talking about the $105 a barrel oil prices - they are all brain dead. And hilary and Obama want to raise my taxes to pay for someone elses health care!!! Again - What the F _ _ _ !!!
I gave up on fertilizing the grass, spend all the weekends down at the boat. I would rather look a the water than the grass anyway.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found another 38SC for sale here in MD. 1994, lift kept, 502 MPI's. Might have to go see it since its only about 30 minutes away.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GCAT911
I am getting a bid board with my 06 35L. Same old haul ass ,great handling, good looks and reliabilty. In other words I love the boat but she is truly one dementional. Regarding the 38EC, In 2006 they removed the wall seperating the v-birth from the cabin and it greatly increased the room/space. The
later model 38EC perfroms better than their older siblings. Myself, as stated love my 35L but I am tired of sunstroke in July - Sept down here in Tejas. would like a little more comfort but still want some performance. The 496s in my opinion are a beter combo than the 525. Not to metnion less costly to insure. about 2500 a year agreed upon value at 250K including windstrom. I am looking at a new 08 but I will proably wait and see how the economy shakes out, not to mention the price of motion lotion, in the hopes of striking a better deal. However, if you speak with the boat sales folks they closing more deals than they can handle>> yea right.

Fountain pilot forever
With the same money you can get a bigger cruising boat.Fountains are quite expensive.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Treads
Found another 38SC for sale here in MD. 1994, lift kept, 502 MPI's. Might have to go see it since its only about 30 minutes away.
Give me some details after you look at it and rule it in or out.

I talked to the guy I know, he said they are still on the fence, the wife and daughter are making some noise about not wanting to get rid of it. He also said that the $4K the marina will want for the seasons high and dry might be a determining factor too, so I don't know what the deal is yet.

He did mention something about high 60's though, so he's in a reasonable range for a 95 at least.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

sport cruisers are the best. Trailable, standup cabins, fast, relatively fuel efficient, and that unmistakable Fountain ride!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Fortius
With the same money you can get a bigger cruising boat.Fountains are quite expensive.
and then a brown mini van, an ugly girlfriend, then testosterone replacement therapy and he could be the guy on Enzyte commercial!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

a 38 Donzi and a 38 Powerquest both have very big cabins, so does a 40 Hustler Fiore........the PQs especially can be had for a great price.......IMO if you cant get it done in one of those you should kick your old lady out or forget "performance" boating and buy a cottage.......IMO

.....we hang with some cruiser guys and this one couple has this 38' Sea Ray and his wife goes on about how "how am I supposed to put my whole house in this little space!!!".......one time my wife said to her "Debbie, you should try seeing how much you can leave at home instead of seeing how much you can bring with you"

has anybody ever been in a step 38 Scarab....????
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
and then a brown mini van, an ugly girlfriend, then testosterone replacement therapy and he could be the guy on Enzyte commercial!
I just wanted to hear that,you are quite right.I still like more of Fountain Lightning than EC.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered

My favourite would be 38 Lightning with Cummins QSB5,9L 480hp diesels and with #8 Arneson surface drives.

Last edited by Fortius; 03-12-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fortius
My favourite would be 38 Lightning with Cummins QSB5,9L 480hp diesels and with #8 Arneson surface drives.
There was a BT near me for sale last year, 440HP Yanmars with surface drives. VERY nice boat, supposed to get 2 mpg a 50 mph cruise.

Quick Reply: Fountain 38 Lightning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.