Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08 >

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Notices

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Old 03-21-2008, 11:24 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reggy purchased the division b/c he sees money in it....not b/c he wants to drive out the competition. Fountains are always going to be a couple notches above bajas in every respect. Most people probably graduate from a baja to a fountain, so why not have your hands on the boat buyer throughout his entire boating life.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by runwhatchabrung
I'm so glad I don't know what I'm talking about, thanks for letting me know, I'll exit the stage so your infinite internet knowledge can fill me in.....peace out
thank you
Old 03-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Reggy purchased the division b/c he sees money in it....not b/c he wants to drive out the competition. Fountains are always going to be a couple notches above bajas in every respect. Most people probably graduate from a baja to a fountain, so why not have your hands on the boat buyer throughout his entire boating life.

That has been the Brunswick approach for a long time. I have often thought, for a few years now, that it would be the reverse of what is happening, Brunswick buying Fountain and having that start them out, step them up and be able to keep them deal in the performance market as they do in the family sport boat and cruiser markets. But Brunswick is a huge company and there is no way in todays world that a Fountain/Baja combo will ever even approach the profit levels they see with the Bayliner/Sea Ray combo. A smaller company such as Fountain might well benefit in a big way from this relationship. Another thought I've had is that Reggie has two sons that have become involved in the business now, and this may well be a case of a father wanting to help with their future. Many take shots at Reggie, reality is you just don't get to where he is without being a fairly sharp individual, and a very solid businessman.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Personally I think there needs to be an "entry level" powerboat cause not evryone can afford Fountains. I hope Reggie (or Fountain etc.) will keep this in mind. I think Baja is a GREAT value for the money. Just one mans opinion.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Fountain is an entry level boat! It was my first performance boat besides a few formula's. Good stepping stone but nothing like an outerlimits cigarette or a nortech by any means! Good boat for the money.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastoys
Fountain is an entry level boat! It was my first performance boat besides a few formula's. Good stepping stone but nothing like an outerlimits cigarette or a nortech by any means! Good boat for the money.
Ok It is apparent you have more $$$ than I. It seems like Bajas are priced lower than Fountain but hey I dont know evrything nor do I claim to.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I think Reggie is making a big mistake! He was on the right track making the interiors nice now & stepping it up a bit. Now this? Mistake!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

A full complement of products over a wide range of prices usually benefits a company.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastoys
I think Reggie is making a big mistake! He was on the right track making the interiors nice now & stepping it up a bit. Now this? Mistake!
I agree totally. I also think he made a mistake dropping the 29 fever out of the fleet. I guess we will have to see how all this plays out in the next few months.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainfevr
I agree totally. I also think he made a mistake dropping the 29 fever out of the fleet. I guess we will have to see how all this plays out in the next few months.
Sounds like the Baja brand is going to be <30 ft and Foutain everything above that.

He owns a VERY big portion of the market now...

Quick Reply: Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.