Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   fountain 38 express cruiser (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/195834-fountain-38-express-cruiser.html)

comp 09-22-2008 08:48 AM

fountain 38 express cruiser

we are thinking of changing gears and selling our carver and cig for one boat.
something we can stay on for a few days at a time but run like our top gun,
what does anyone know , good or bad about the fountain 38 express cruiser?

FountainDealer.com 09-22-2008 09:15 AM

Fountain Express

Give me a call I would be more than happy to talk to you about the 38 I have sold Probably 12 of them in the last 3 years Great boat Roomy, Fast and Drives like a sport boat.

we sell Fountain, Cig, Formula, Donzi, & Monterey

Casey 469-546-1204

mcraymond3 09-23-2008 07:50 PM

I have been on one for a two hour trip. We ran 64mph the entire way. Nice boat. I have always liked them.

phragle 09-23-2008 08:07 PM

make sure you haveit well surveyed..I forget where (probably here) someone was looking at them and had a couple surveys revealing wet stringers..

38fountainecman 09-24-2008 05:07 PM

Comp:

Purchased a 2006 from Coty in NJ back in 3-07. My wife and I absolutly love the boat. Previously owned Formula's 292, 357 and 419 fastec. Not as fast as the 419, but runs the rough stuff just as well. Boat rides flat and fast, runs 61 with 492 mag ho's. Should run in low 70's with 525's, saw one boat with staggered 496's up north, but never found out how fast it was. Fountained changed cabin interiors in 2007. Our 2006 has a separate front stateroom with a door. Went to a curtain in 2007. When I was researching I heard they had a problem pre 2004 with interior cabinetry that fell apart, fixed 2004 on. I had a problem with non stainless staples in the cockpit seating, but fixed myself. The canvas leaks where it attaches to radar arch, but I am sewing in a foam strip to seal. Boat has lots of room and I actually trailer the boat in Florida with no problems so far. Coty delivered boat with dead batteries, but I don't think they are a Fountain dealer anymore. You will also have a problem with windshield frame corrosion. The powdercoat just isn't holding up, I probably run 50% salt, but I washed the boat immediately after every trip in salt, still the frame corrosion. Plan on removing and painting with epoxy paint or imron. Finally, look at the 48 too. I would purchase another, it is a great combination of speed and comfort at an affordable price.

Carder 09-27-2008 05:32 PM

We got one yesterday with Greg @ Shogren Performance Marine... My bride fell in love with boating all over again.
I am evidently having a reverse mid-life crisis, now going from 90 mph in Lightning-land to 60-70 ish in Express Crusier town.
Anyone wanting a perfect Lightning rocket that is better than new for 90K, act fast, or I am trading it next week.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o23804-en.html

Baja_Bigdog 09-27-2008 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman (Post 2696267)
Comp:

Purchased a 2006 from Coty in NJ back in 3-07. My wife and I absolutly love the boat. Previously owned Formula's 292, 357 and 419 fastec. Not as fast as the 419, but runs the rough stuff just as well. Boat rides flat and fast, runs 61 with 492 mag ho's. Should run in low 70's with 525's, saw one boat with staggered 496's up north, but never found out how fast it was. Fountained changed cabin interiors in 2007. Our 2006 has a separate front stateroom with a door. Went to a curtain in 2007. When I was researching I heard they had a problem pre 2004 with interior cabinetry that fell apart, fixed 2004 on. I had a problem with non stainless staples in the cockpit seating, but fixed myself. The canvas leaks where it attaches to radar arch, but I am sewing in a foam strip to seal. Boat has lots of room and I actually trailer the boat in Florida with no problems so far. Coty delivered boat with dead batteries, but I don't think they are a Fountain dealer anymore. You will also have a problem with windshield frame corrosion. The powdercoat just isn't holding up, I probably run 50% salt, but I washed the boat immediately after every trip in salt, still the frame corrosion. Plan on removing and painting with epoxy paint or imron. Finally, look at the 48 too. I would purchase another, it is a great combination of speed and comfort at an affordable price.

Maybe if you'd quit running that Fountain offshore in 12 footers....you wouldn't have those problems :p

38fountainecman 09-28-2008 08:44 AM

Hey Outlaw 30, great to be related again. I guess I'm just picky having onwed Formula (you konw, you know, I beat those formulas now). I swear I don't go over 62 mph in those 12 footers. Bounces the kids around in the cabin, but I just wrap them in those cushy matresses that Fountain supplied with the boat. That is what they're for, right? Hey, Mike just loves his down in south florida, purchased a 2005 from Chicago, I think. They traded in his 35 outlaw, made him sweet deal.:ernaehrung004:

Baja_Bigdog 09-28-2008 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman (Post 2699700)
Hey Outlaw 30, great to be related again. I guess I'm just picky having onwed Formula (you konw, you know, I beat those formulas now). I swear I don't go over 62 mph in those 12 footers. Bounces the kids around in the cabin, but I just wrap them in those cushy matresses that Fountain supplied with the boat. That is what they're for, right? Hey, Mike just loves his down in south florida, purchased a 2005 from Chicago, I think. They traded in his 35 outlaw, made him sweet deal.:ernaehrung004:

Yeah buddy....who would have ever thought that after we both left the Formula camp, that we would own boats made by the same company.:cool: He he...I beat me a Thunderbird:p

Well, I'm glad to hear that you keep the kids wrapped up when you're in those 12 footers....maybe you should get one of those inflatable moonwalk rooms for out on the bow??

Mike sent me an email saying how great it was meeting with you and seeing your 38EC....he couldn't believe how much custom stuff that you have done. I'm glad that he is enjoying his new boat and thanks for taking the time to show him yours! :ernaehrung004:

monstaaa 09-29-2008 12:35 PM

we also have one new that we are looking to move. it is an 08 .give us a call for the best pricing available.