Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   info on 33 sportfish cruiser (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/197951-info-33-sportfish-cruiser.html)

sawbones 10-27-2008 09:11 PM

info on 33 sportfish cruiser

looking for info on 33 sfc. How does boat handle? What are top end and cruising speeds? Any problems with these boats? Any ideas on what typical pricing would be for 1 or 2 year old boat? I currently own a 31 Searay w/ inboards and boat on Long Island. Looking for a faster boat w/ both cruising and offshore fishing capabilities.

pookie 10-28-2008 07:29 PM

:evilb:There are a lot of people on this site who are very knowledgeable about that model (Shogren, fountainemp, etc.). Now if they could quit responding to ridiculous accusations, maybe they could find time to answer a few questions from someone who wants to join the Fountain Family.

fountain1fan 10-28-2008 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by sawbones (Post 2726197)
looking for info on 33 sfc. How does boat handle? What are top end and cruising speeds? Any problems with these boats? Any ideas on what typical pricing would be for 1 or 2 year old boat? I currently own a 31 Searay w/ inboards and boat on Long Island. Looking for a faster boat w/ both cruising and offshore fishing capabilities.

well about 58 mph with 300 vrods 350 's would make it sing right nice boat www.fountainpowerboats.com

fountainemp 10-29-2008 05:46 PM

58 sounds about right for speed. i would guess cruising would be around 45 or so. scott shogren will be more than happy to assist you i am sure. i just work there not a dealer. i hope i was a little help. i personally like the 33 and the 38 sfc.

Yamaha 225 10-29-2008 07:45 PM

Hi! The 33 SFC is a very nice boat, a very "social" boat for everyone to like. Fountain re-designed the hll I think it was in 2007, but I am not sure. Check, and buy the latest design. I sold the hull No 2 in 2005, and it had some gremlins as it was one of te very first boats of this type. Fresh water tanks leaked when on "Citywater". Overboard discharfe did not pump out (air relief valve on holding tank was stuck closed, and pump was dry. Water in the shower did not drain in the hole (wrong angle), box for sump pump was leaking when full, dash and wind shield frame got lots of corrotion the first summer. Windlass compartment full of rain water, sloshing around (relays rusted after a short period). Ran 50 mph with 2x275 Verado. Needed a lot of positive trim to get max speed (maybe they changed this on the new hull). Boat was extremely well build. no rattles or sounds from the hull. Exeptionally rigid! Handles for the drop down seats rusted. If used in heavy waters, the splash on the sides of the hull blew onto the wind screen because of the hull design (front heavy) I would strongly reccomend to have a wiper installed if your going on the big ocean waters with it.

2x275 is not enough power.

GOOD LUCK, boat is great, but go through it before you buy it!!!!

pookie 11-02-2008 11:17 AM

Did you take it for a test drive? Keep us posted.