35 Lightning Staggard Opinions >

35 Lightning Staggard Opinions

Notices

35 Lightning Staggard Opinions

Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 Lightning Staggard Opinions

I would like to ask anyone with experience on 35 Lightning's with staggard engines for any opinions, concerns problems etc... that they may have encountered. I am looking at a 35 with the 496's and bravo xr SSM's. The boat has Hering 32 6blades on it and runs about 83 with 4 and full tanks. Any info on this type of setup would be appreciated.

Last edited by CaptJohnT; 08-27-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me to want know but i see for 35 525 staggered
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 35 icbm w / 496's or 525's ride and flies straighter and more level than its single step side by side counter part. it also handles high speed turns and maneuvering slightly diffrerent as well. the single step is a lil slower and will turn slightly more predictable as far as sliding. but at higher speeds the lightning is more sure footed and will surprise you in its ability to turn hard and handle sea's far bigger than you would think. they fly level and straight and will not trip on larger reentry while playing in the rough. it will also plane a lil easier. as for the herrings you may not want to use them for all around use as they tend to plane out slower than other props for the application in question.

good luck