38 v 42 Lightning

Notices

38 v 42 Lightning

Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Thanks,
Good info, I asume you are running offshore?

We run mostly in Galveston Bay and once in awhile out in gulf here or in Florida. The roughest water is when we go to Lake Travis. Lots of cruiser wakes bouncing off the vertical walls. Our 42 handles it all with no problems. My wife now loves to go fast. We had a 32 Sunsation and it just beat us to death. We considered getting out of HP boats until the 42. Don't use my experience with drives as the standard. There is more to my story of where the boat came from than the actual hours show. Get a survey before you buy anything. Make sure they check serial numbers to match drives and engines and check the ecm for hours and usage.Don't trust anyone.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Get a survey before you buy anything. Make sure they check serial numbers to match drives and engines and check the ecm for hours and usage.Don't trust anyone.
Yea when we bought our current boat I don't think any of the hour meters matched the computers.

That is good to hear, I don't want a cruiser!

Sorry US1
Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Yea when we bought our current boat I don't think any of the hour meters matched the computers.

That is good to hear, I don't want a cruiser!

Sorry US1
The other thing that didn't match was the serial #'s of the drives to the engines that were supposed to be sold together in a new boat. Always get a complete survey. Plus the engine serial #'s did not match the originals that were installed at the factory.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the help, I picked up a 1993 42 Lightning with triple 525sc's today. Looking forward to summer.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

congrats on the new boat!