Notices

32fever

Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32fever

fountain 32 fever.what do you guys think of them and whats with the problem with them sitting so low in the water?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I don't have any problem with the way they sit low.

Mine comes out of the hole good, seems pretty balanced, still flies level, and the vent holes you see are attached to fiberglass tubes that run forward and up.

The water line for the vents really are about rear sun pad high. Like most fountains, the rear rub rail needs sealed.

Only downside,,,,,,,,,,,,engine room is TIGHT.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I don't have any problem with the way they sit low.

Mine comes out of the hole good, seems pretty balanced, still flies level, and the vent holes you see are attached to fiberglass tubes that run forward and up.

The water line for the vents really are about rear sun pad high. Like most fountains, the rear rub rail needs sealed.

Only downside,,,,,,,,,,,,engine room is TIGHT.
yea i know.thats really my only complant.my buddy had one and the bilge pump went bad.they had to pull the motor to r/r the pump.what kind of power are you running and what speeds?how does the 32 do in 3-5ft waves?thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the way they sit in the water. No mistaking it for any other boat, other than one sinking.
I don't get a single drop of water in my bilge. They are tight but I have sat down in front of the motors while working in there. Mine runs right 75. All stock 502s
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

bilge pump went bad.they had to pull the motor to r/r the pump
Yea, I have the same problem now.

I run HP500EEFI's 82 any day and on the right days will hit 84-85 gps.

I can't say how it would run in true 5's I would think that may be a bit rough. I have just been in the mixed up rough as hell lake stuff and the big rollers you get off of barges. Those are a blast.

Next summer I should be able to let you know on how it runs in the gulf.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

Love my 2003 32 fever......I also like the way it sits in the water....but, all good things must come to an end...it is for sale....572's, bravo 1's with Imco shorties.....recent engine refreshing.....gps at 106 this past summer. Would buy a 32 in a heart beat
Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

How does your 32 handle at 100+
Old 10-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a 2000 32/500 HP's and loved it. Yea the bilge stayed a little wet, and trying to get in between the gill exhaust to change plugs was almost impossible. I cant tell you how many times people would come running in the resturaunt and tell me my boat is sinking. If a 32 is what your set on then go for it........but if you are really talking about running in 3-5 foot waves, given the choice I would find a 35.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like my 32.... Love the the stance in the water, but would really really love a 35!!! Go 35 if you can....
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

I lingered on this forum for the past year while deployed, I was dead set on a 32 Fever until spending sleepless nights reading old posts here (Fountain) on OSO. I actually ended up with a 35 Lightning (Single Step) off of OSO just a couple of months back, I am SO glad that I held out before upgrading. The maintenance end of the deal was huge for me. I can crawl, sit, and work within the engine compartment with little to no issues.

I have only been on a 32 Fever twice, so my experience is limited with them. Since I upgraded from a 22 Scarab recently, the 35 has been an absolute dream. The ride and handling characteristics are great. I was only a passenger while on the 32, but IMO there is a noticeable difference in the ride.

Best advice is to get on both!! See someone at the lake, ask get on it, look around, be nosy.

There is NO mistaking a 32 Fever in the water though!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.