Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
02 35' w/575's prop question >

02 35' w/575's prop question

Notices

02 35' w/575's prop question

Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.5 stock bravo and rev limiters are stock.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rcamp
1.5 stock bravo and rev limiters are stock.
I believe before I bought a set of props I would set down with and do some math with one of the online prop calculators.
Allen
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

I believe I will take Reggie's advice. I am in the market for some -2" lowers either bravo or imco's. I will probably buy props from hering so they can work with me until goal is reached. Thanx Guys.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Also I believe I need to raise rev limiter and add smaller pulley to get benifits from lowers and larger props. Do you guys recommend AZSM package or is there another set up?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

I believe I will take Reggie's advice. I am in the market for some -2" lowers either bravo or imco's. I will probably buy props from hering so they can work with me until goal is reached. Thanx Guys.
Take whos ever advise you want. These are some cold hard facts though. With 1.5 gears and 31 pitch propellers and a 5250 rev limiter to get too 100 MPH you will have to have less than 3% slip.

Here is a little more advise. If you get your slip less than 10% with a 18" or 20" x dimension, do not expect drives to last long.
Allen
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

rcamp,
Got your pm. Tried to reply but after trying to send it sayd you are not set up to recive messages. PM me your phone number, a convient time to call and what time zone your are in and i will do my best to call you.
Allen
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Also I believe I need to raise rev limiter and add smaller pulley to get benifits from lowers and larger props. Do you guys recommend AZSM package or is there another set up?
Many would not recommend AZSM.
I did their 575 upgrades to my 03 35 and had great results and excellent reliability. Also had Darren Mayer teflon strip the blowers during bearing replacement and picked up .5 lb boost at same rpm.
My X was also 18 1/4, I added nosecones to stock lowers, 1.5 ratio, Merc Labbed 32 Maximus, new owner that purchased from Shogren confirmed the boat at 103 GPS. Purchased some -2 Imcos but never tried them, traded for a #6 boat before I really overpowered the XR's.
Loved this boat and the way it handled, planed, and would RUN !
Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Thanks Kelley.
I really only want to break a 100 mph. I have read most of your posts about your old boat and was hoping you would chime in. Your new boat is BEAST! I actually contacted Shogren about your old boat. But I took to long to pull the trigger.
So nosecones, AZSM, and 32 Maximus should do the trick. Seems most economical route. I have 156 hrs. on boat. Think it's time to have the blowers gone through? Reggie thinks a set of Herings would do it and Allen is being helpful.
Taking the boat to Lake George, Fl. over Thanksgiving and want to take my brothers for a real ride.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I would listen to Allen, as he has more experience than I, but my old boat ran great with the slight mods listed. Was called a sandbagger many times and had lots of inspection of intake and head bolts as the doubters believed I had been inside the motors.

If your blowers have the sealed bearings at rear, yes I would get them done this winter. I sent mine with 170 hrs and one rotor was slightly out of time, first sign of bearing wear and caught before any damage. Highly recommend Darren Mayer Performance for that job, and go for the teflon stripping of rotors.

Have fun and be safe !
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Call Mark at Precision for the 575 upgrades. He did mine, and they idle and perform great. My dad has the AZSM on his, and they are very rich at various RPM ranges.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.