Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
why do Fountain hulls leak ? >

why do Fountain hulls leak ?

Notices

why do Fountain hulls leak ?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is safe to say that every manufacturer has some boats that leak for one reason or another. In particular to Fountain...the only repetitive leak issue I have heard of is on the 32' because of the way the azz end sits so close to the water line allowing water to get in at the rub rail....could it be fixed by taking the rub rail off and shoring it up with your favorite adhesive? I'm sure. The 29 may sit as low...but the 35 is higher, the 42 and 47 are much higher away from the waterline and therefore don't have the same issues....but to say Fountain in general has leak issues....I disagree with that completely....i've known too many fountain owners.

Concerning the 32'....I knew of a guy that docked his overnight or for the weekend and a storm blew through that turned the wind and into the back side of the boat....it created a high enough trickle of water to get in by the rub rail and eventually allowed enough water in to lower the boat and eventually sink it. I personally wouldn't buy a 32 for this reason, but love the way they look. I've also know 32 owners that don't have this issue, but took it upon themselves to shore up that rub rail on the rear.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like that owner knew he had a leak and chose to ignore it and got bit in the kester
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
2007 has composite stringers. How is that possible?
Transom........ Stringers.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

My 1997, 27' Fever is dry as a bone. No problems.

Knock on Wood
Old 03-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

I've got 2000 32 fever when I got it the rub rail leaked and the railing leaked....thanx to the advise of us1 I sealed the rear rub rail and now get less than a cup of water in a full day of play on the lake....as for as the railing I just keep the power washer off it and don't boat when its raining....never liked boating in the rain anyway never saw the appeal...lol...probably could pull rub rail off and reseal again and stop all traces of. Water...everything has its quirks and issues just gotta take the time to know what they are and addressee them.....