Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Bimini top (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/269074-bimini-top.html)

mcprodesign 01-19-2012 07:07 PM

Bimini top

Tell me how horrible it looks

or maybe some Ideas???

It is 110 plus here in the summer so I have to have one.
I photochopped this. The local guy has a High speed ( stainless) top I can get for 350. It is dark navy blue.
Doesn't it look too short front to back. It is 6 feet long

tim brown 01-19-2012 07:58 PM

i have a 6 ft top on mine , I don't use it much because the wife doesn't like the shade . move it forward a little bit. I like them. I just cover the front seats .

SDFever 01-19-2012 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by mcprodesign (Post 3597235)

or maybe some Ideas???

I photochopped this. The local guy has a High speed ( stainless) top I can get for 350. It is dark navy blue.

There isn't anyone that will make a better bimini than Paul Murphy. Period.

Westcoast 01-19-2012 10:56 PM

+1. Paul's doing mine

dewayne6243 01-20-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by SDFever (Post 3597400)
There isn't anyone that will make a better bimini than Paul Murphy. Period.

Does Paul have to have the boat in person to make one?

Marginmn 01-20-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mcprodesign (Post 3597235)

or maybe some Ideas???

Beats the heck out of heat stroke.

ROB FREEMAN 01-20-2012 11:19 AM

cant enjoy the boat if you cant ber in the heat , looks fine , i bet alot of boats with them in that heat !

Marginmn 01-20-2012 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out how much canvas I put on my Florida ride. It may not look as cool but it sure keep us cool under that wicked Florida sun.

97FASTech 01-20-2012 01:09 PM

No pictures of mine (yet). However I have a 6 ft top, but do not use the rigid poles on the back, I use the straps front and rear. This allows me to lay it flat during the high speed runs with no drag. Also I installed a track where it allows me to slide the top forward or backward, also when it is down I can slide it back over sunpad and then forward, in order to raise the pad to check oil. I also use quick release pins to remove altogether. I did buy rigid poles for the back support, just finalizing the way I want to mount so that it will flat, also with quick release pins. I meant to take pics last summer, but just too much of a hurry to hit the water, then forgot about the pics.

Marginmn 01-20-2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 97FASTech (Post 3597755)
No pictures of mine (yet). However I have a 6 ft top, but do not use the rigid poles on the back, I use the straps front and rear. This allows me to lay it flat during the high speed runs with no drag. Also I installed a track where it allows me to slide the top forward or backward, also when it is down I can slide it back over sunpad and then forward, in order to raise the pad to check oil. I also use quick release pins to remove altogether. I did buy rigid poles for the back support, just finalizing the way I want to mount so that it will flat, also with quick release pins. I meant to take pics last summer, but just too much of a hurry to hit the water, then forgot about the pics.

How fast can you run with it up?