Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Fountain Seat Skins (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/271872-fountain-seat-skins.html)

boatstogo 03-04-2012 03:39 PM

Fountain Seat Skins

Just orderred a rear seat skin for my "new to me" 35' ICBM from Fountain Powerboats. Gail and the crew have always been good to deal with and I figured they would be in best position to match fabric and color. Gail said upholstery shop guys are there when enough work is stock piled to bring them in. Don't let me down Gail and best of luck for a permanent solution to this up and down situation with the factory!

Reggie Fountain 03-04-2012 05:31 PM

Fountain Performance Marine is another option for you as well.

flat rate 03-04-2012 06:03 PM

I have no faith in Gail. She dropped the ball so many times when my boat was at the factory I could never understand how she kept a job! Good luck!

boatstogo 03-05-2012 11:12 AM

Hey Reggie. Do you have patterns for an '07 cockpit? Do you happen to also have access to build sheets from that era? Thanks

techman 03-05-2012 11:26 AM

I have to agree with flat rate. I just don't see why you would waste time/energy contacting the old plant. Are they even in business currently?

Re-doing the interior skins cannot be rocket science and assuming the old factory is the only place that can do it "right" is incorrect. Sounds like FPM is ready to pick up the slack and are clearly on a mission to win back business. I would give them a whirl long before I would ever send a dime/business to the old factory. I wouldn't even consider them on life support at this point.

SR-71 03-05-2012 12:12 PM

No guessing with these folks. They will get it done!

www.fountainperformancemarine.com

Call Wyatt

35Fountain555 03-05-2012 03:56 PM

Don't bother with old shop. Place is like a ghost town. Can't get anyone on phone and by 3 PM everyone is gone. Give Wyatt or Reggie a try instead.

boatstogo 03-05-2012 04:17 PM

You guys are not making me feel good! I had called and left message for Wyatt to call me to discuss a full interior refit on an '06 38' Lightning several weeks ago before I found the 35' and never had a call back. My hope is that Reggie and crew will buy back the old assets and streamline the company. Guess we'll see how the old group does on this small order.

Reggie Fountain 03-05-2012 05:14 PM

My number is 252-495-4545, give me a call we can definitely take care of you.

US1 Fountain 03-05-2012 07:18 PM

I'd be more concerned about how long it will be before there was a large enough order that required FPB to call in the interior guys for the short run. Seems like you could be waiting for 1 day, or 1 yr????

Just the way I read the initial post