Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
32 fountain single step question >

32 fountain single step question

Notices

32 fountain single step question

Old 04-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm 6'5, skinny & can pretty much get any where I need to inside my engine bay, it can be a Lil work but it's possible. Efi's are nice just for the fact you can lay across them. If you can do any work on a twin 28 cig, you won't have any issues w/ the 32!!

You just can't beat the look of a 32....
Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At red eyes dock bar last summer there were quite few fountains which is one reason I wasn't big on them.... but I took a liking to the fountain profile then and it has grown on me. The squat look in the rear is pretty cool.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Gold Member

There isn't a boat I've worked on yet that I would say is easy to work on.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Gold Member

Figured id get a little more feedback? Or maybe I kinda knew what I was gonna hear?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

I love my 32 single step....not many fountains in this part of the state where I live....love the look of it in the water and the sound of a couple health 572's at idle always turns a head.....no complaints on this end!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Gold Member

Thanks for your respnonse, there are a ton of fountains on the chesapeake bay!!! It used to turn me off a little bit but this one grew on me. Im hoping it proves to be a good purchase. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow but its supposed to rain all weekend so I pushed it to next weekend. I bet the 572's sound great!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

One of the reasons I bought mine was also because of how it sits. I really enjoy everything about it! Like the rest, Engine comp is a pain!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

We were looking at Sunsation for a project build but opted on the 32' Fever. I preferred the lines on the Fountain. After talking with Reggie the other day I'm happy we went with Fountain, not saying anything negative at all over any other brands we researched. Reggie mentioned they had these 32' single steps to 115mph - nice! Have some plans for this boat before making next jump but so far so good... handles great, super stable and as others have mentioned they get up on plane incredibly quick! Not a fan of the squat in the arse for paranoia of water issues but you can't have everything especially at this cost. Plug'd the holes in the tubes that run from engine bay to cabin ( plug'd at engine side ) that was recommended to keep water out of the cabin - just make sure to keep an eye under the cabin first step for any leaks up front on your rub rail etc alot of the older boats didn't have front cabin bilge pumps

good luck and have fun
Spenc

Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

I had a 1998 32 Fever for 10 years. I ran in the Chesapeake bay, it took me every bit of 5 years to really learn how to "drive it", I found that in rough water with the drives at 2 and the tabs at 4 my wife stopped screaming "we're gonna die". We were coming back from Tighlman Island and all we saw in the bay was white, we had no problem cruising at 40-45 mph. Learn how to use the tabs and it's incredible what they can do. We go to Dobbins Island in the Magothy from Kent Narrows most weekends, we sold the 32 and got a 38 mostly for the added room and you could fit 5 people in the bilge.
Hope you like it as much as we did, it was a great boat.