Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   What do I fill the reservoir with the yellow caps with? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/278074-what-do-i-fill-reservoir-yellow-caps.html)

fordf350 06-05-2012 09:12 PM

What do I fill the reservoir with the yellow caps with?

I have a 98 29 fever and in the engine compartment I have 3 pairs of pumps. The two outside ones I believe control the trim tabs. They appear to be filled with hyd. fluid. The other two do not have reservoirs. The last two have reservoirs with yellow caps on them. It looks like they go to the outdrives which are Bravo II s. Would I be correct and what do the two tanks get filled with if I wanted to change the fluids?

eddie 06-05-2012 09:45 PM

What's it taste like?

speedfreek1 06-05-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 3703697)
What's it taste like?

lmao!! chicken! :lolhit:

flying J 06-05-2012 11:06 PM

Thats flux capacitor fluid to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity. So plutonium or a bolt of lightning will work perfectly.

OR..........Mercron automatic transmission fluid:greenchainsaw:

EufaulaFever 06-06-2012 12:01 PM

This is a tough group, lol. Yes those are for the bravos. They should be filled with gear lube.

Von Bongo 06-06-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by fordf350 (Post 3703669)
I have a 98 29 fever and in the engine compartment I have 3 pairs of pumps. The two outside ones I believe control the trim tabs. They appear to be filled with hyd. fluid. The other two do not have reservoirs. The last two have reservoirs with yellow caps on them. It looks like they go to the outdrives which are Bravo II s. Would I be correct and what do the two tanks get filled with if I wanted to change the fluids?

Confusing post is confusing.

Assuming your post is not a troll thread:

3 Pairs of pumps = 6 pumps.
Most single engine boats have 3. 1 each for trim tabs and 1 for the outdrive trim.

Most twin engine boats have 4. 1 each for the trim tabs and 1 each for the drives.

There may be an additional reservoir for hydraulic steering and also 1 additional reservoir for each drive that contains extra gear oil.

there may be an additional 1 or 2 pumps and resevoirs for either an hydraulic hatch ram(s) or some fountains I believe even had hydraulic seat drop outs.

So, in conclusion.. I have no idea what pumps or reservoirs you are talking about.

My guess is they are the trim pumps for the drives and they can be fillied with Merc Trim pump oil, Automatic trans fluid or even 20wt or 5-30wt oil.

Best to find out and use the same stuff or drain and start fresh.

US1 Fountain 06-06-2012 02:03 PM

Hyd seats?

mittens 06-06-2012 02:11 PM

tabs and drive power steering fluid,

drive fluid reservoir, gear lube.

the mayor 06-06-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 3704124)
Hyd seats?

My 27 has hyd. bolsters.