Restitch of Sunpad >

Restitch of Sunpad

Notices

Restitch of Sunpad

Old 12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restitch of Sunpad

I need my Sunpad restitched on a 47 Fountain and I need advice and opinions about whether to take it off the boat and use a local repair shop or have portable repair service look at it first. It is really only two pads closest to the rear seat. They are just white and involve none of the design. It is a '97 fountain and the vinyl is overall in excellent condition so I really don't need to replace it. I live in the Chicago area. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it off and have it done right........ Short cuts will always hurt you in the long run
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

depends on the extend maybe a take a picture and seek advice before you do anything. I agree on doing it right. but I also believe in work smarter not harder. If it can be fixed on the boat and save me time and money thats what I would pick.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Takes a few hours to have those skins off. Once they are off depending on how bad it is it could take anywhere from 5 min to a few hours to fix. You get in there and try and run a blind stitch your do damage that can not be fixed unless you replace the cover. Let me tell ya a short story. About 2 years ago I had a guy come to me wanting a new cover for his poontune. He wanted one exactly like the old one he had on it that was worn out. This boat had something like 90 of those twist fasteners on it... And they were all in bad shape. When I gave him the price he was upset that I had $65 in fasteners on it. He told me " I don't need them things and I'm not going to waste my $ on them" . I build the cover fit it to the boat and all was well . Until 5 days later there was a bad wind storm. The man called me and asked if I could cut h a deal on a new cover..... His new one was gone blew away. In the end he lost a $700 cover in 5 days cuz he didn't want to spend $65 on new fasteners.