Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Buying early 90s 38 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/31891-buying-early-90s-38-a.html)

pmcrespo 08-28-2002 11:36 PM

Buying early 90s 38

Hey Gents (& Ladies)!

Been out of touch in the last few weeks but I am back....

The bad news is I sold my 27... Great boat, great times! I even got 2nd place in my first ever Poker Run! The good news is I am looking for an arly 90s 38. I am also being offered a 88 10 meter with pretty much everything new or upgraded and about 100 mph fast for what I think is a reasonable price.....

Any recommendations or things to look for on these boats? How critical is a little spider webbing on the front of the dash area on the 38?

I would really like to find a 38 with all the goodies in the 33 I am being offered for a reasonable price! Can never get both worlds in one package and keep the cost down! Reality of boating I guess

What is your take. Had been looking at the early 35s but really like the lines of he 38 as the bow just looks longer in perspective, kind of like the 32 profile....

Thanks in advance. You guys were great help through my first "Fever" experience, and know it appears I am hooked for good!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mate 229 08-30-2002 07:49 PM

Pablo,
I wondered why we had not seen you on the river since we got the Fountain. Last time I saw you was at Osbourne just before selling our Checkmate. Check out Powerboat magazine website. they had a late model 35 listed with 502's or HP 500's for a pretty good price, below $100k. You're really going after the big dogs in RPBA. Also check out Yachtworld website a lot of Fountains listed.

BLOWN 1100 08-31-2002 09:01 AM

If you are looking for a 33 with real hp I am
thinking about selling Old Red, E Mail me if you
want to look at it.
Loy

pmcrespo 08-31-2002 11:58 AM

Still Searching

Hey Mate!!! How is that kikcin' B_tt pro charged Fever doing!!! I know, bad dtiming on my part..... I would have loved to hang out behind you on the James.... I heard you guya have been having some great times out on the water. It just happened that I was contemplating getting the one 35 and I kind of put mine for sale and BAM.... it was gone. Now I am cold/hot on the 35 and maybe looking at 38's. I ended up doing a lot of boating out on the bay and ocean front where I truly like it and a bigger boat will suit much better. I was hoping to get into something real quick but really have not found the right boat....... Anyway, I hope to see you guys soon, maybe as a guest in someones ride.... I'll look at yachtworld...

Loy, thanks for the feedback, I am actually considering an 88 from the north midwest with about 1400 mercury hp completely redone for what seems to be a good price. Would love to see the pics of your boat and maybe some info... I'll e-mail you... or you can e-mail me...

BLOWN 1100 08-31-2002 08:17 PM

You will enjoy the 38 they are a realy good
ride. I would post some pictures but I am not
having any luck. If i can get it figured out i will
post them.

JimV 09-04-2002 12:21 PM

pmcresco

I know of a 91 or 92 38' for sale. It has been repainted and the interior has been refinnished, on a trailer. If you intrested e-mail me and I can give you his number. JimV

pmcrespo 09-04-2002 09:36 PM

It seems that I keep on running across these 38 Scarabs reasonably priced as new as 1994. Not that I want to desert the Fountain Camp but do you guys have any feedback on these boats???? One thing for sure, they are slower with same power....

Thanks Jim. I can't get your e-mail. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

JimV 09-06-2002 12:31 PM

pmcrespo

I e-mailed you two names and numbers. Good Luck!

Greetings Loy

BLOWN 1100 09-06-2002 06:47 PM

Jim
I left the Shootout early, did you win your class?
Loy

JimV 09-09-2002 08:57 AM

Loy

My first pass I got 89mph, 91 on the gps. I made a second pass got into some rollers, got an 85 showed 85 gps. My buddie in a 28 checkmate came back with a 91mph pass. By that time it was too late for me to go out again. I cant feel bad about it, my heads are on his boat so we both won.