Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Grilling go fast (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/321454-grilling-go-fast.html)

SPEEDFREEK 12-27-2014 08:54 AM

Grilling go fast

Yea I know... It's not something you see everyday but, I plan on using a Magma grill on my 38 Lightning. We often raft up with other boats at an island and have to suffer from the smell from other boats cooking so..... Does anyone else have a grill on their Fountain and if so, how did you mount it? Trying to figure out best way to mount it without being over top of boat in case of any spills.

US1 Fountain 12-27-2014 09:01 PM

Yep, used to all the time on the 27, and then the 32. Made a 'mount' from a 1/2" steel rod that had a U shaped end on the one end that hooked around the rear seat side grab handle to hold that end in location, and then went up and bent at a 90 and would rest on the gunnel and extend out over the side so the grill was fully hanging over water so no worries of spills. Id just take the rod and hook the end around the grab handle, and rest it over the side and slip the grill on the end. 5 seconds to put on. Was more convenient than trying to use it on the swim platform trying to carry stuff back and forth over the hatch

SPEEDFREEK 12-28-2014 10:02 AM

Thanks for the input..... that gives me ideas

4bus 12-30-2014 03:32 PM

I have been thinking about this on my 38. My ideas for mounting were a flush socket in the swim ladder compartment. Two curved bars, one that is swim platform height for deep water, and one that is water height. The curved bars would get the grill over the water and away from my paint and interior. Many of the grills come ready to mount on poles or bars on cruisers. Lastly was hard storage for the dirty grill in the side of the engine bay.

TRL505 12-30-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 4241853)
I have been thinking about this on my 38. My ideas for mounting were a flush socket in the swim ladder compartment. Two curved bars, one that is swim platform height for deep water, and one that is water height. The curved bars would get the grill over the water and away from my paint and interior. Many of the grills come ready to mount on poles or bars on cruisers. Lastly was hard storage for the dirty grill in the side of the engine bay.

Shhhhh.......post skank pics.

SPEEDFREEK 01-01-2015 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 4241853)

4bus, I had the same thought about under the ladder with the Magma base and pole but... i want to through bolt it, not just screws which is imposible on the swim platform. Check out Magma grills website for their grille storage, it's like a padded duffle bag

Dan27 01-02-2015 01:47 PM

I just got one of these from the lady on Christmas! The rectangle version of it though. I just plan on purchasing the rail mount and doing something to it to make it extend on a hinge or something so I can swing it close to flip/check and swing it back out away from the boat. Would love to see some pictures of every ones set ups if you get a chance!