Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
anyone try drive spacers to lower slip on a 42 700 #6 boat ? >

anyone try drive spacers to lower slip on a 42 700 #6 boat ?

Notices

anyone try drive spacers to lower slip on a 42 700 #6 boat ?

Old 02-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone try drive spacers to lower slip on a 42 700 #6 boat ?

Anyone have any info on the effect on using drive spacer's to lower slip factor with this package ? Hull is an 07 700 #6 . Thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

PM gnorthga here on OSO, he put spacers in his 42/700/6 boat. Not sure how much he's here anymore.......probably frequents the cruiser forums doing reviews of dinner and wine selection pairings. LOL

The 42 you have needs to be spaced just a little lower, seems you can demo spacers now to try before you buy from BBlades. Nice purchase, no expense spared to keep that one tip-top mechanically.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the tip , I'll give BBlades a call . Sounds like a common problem , seems like a simple solution . Probably not that easy though ........
Old 02-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The boats come really well set up and there is not a lot to gain. I have a set of 1/2 inch and custom made 1/4 spacers for sale that I do not need anymore since I have sold my boat. I found that the difference is really in how the boats attitude is in the water and found that the boat was maybe a better pleasure boat for just cruising and changed the handling at wide open some with the spacers in. It did not change the top speed or from what I could tell prop slip. I also must add that this was on a 38 Lightning not a 42. FWIW I ran no spacers to run in the LOTO Shootout to get my best speeds. I have the spacers, tubes, studs and gaskets if you are interested. Al @ 219 670-0082