Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Fountain 48 dash redo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/324402-fountain-48-dash-redo.html)

DirtyMoney 03-24-2015 10:12 PM

Fountain 48 dash redo

2 Attachment(s)
Getting rid of all of the gauges

DirtyMoney 03-24-2015 10:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More[ATTACH=CONFIG]538958[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538959[/ATTACH]

DirtyMoney 03-24-2015 10:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Windshield had to come off so redoing it too!

KAAMA 03-25-2015 12:59 AM

It takes a lot of thought and work to redo a dash. I am doing the same kind of thing on my boat. At least we are on the back side of the project and things are now going back in the other direction...the assembly direction and it's looking good. Keep the vision!

joew. 03-25-2015 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by KAAMA (Post 4283495)
It takes a lot of thought and work to redo a dash. I am doing the same kind of thing on my boat. At least we are on the back side of the project and things are now going back in the other direction...the assembly direction and it's looking good. Keep the vision!

And the cost is x3 of what you planned:)

DirtyMoney 03-25-2015 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by joew. (Post 4283575)

Already there!

KAAMA 03-26-2015 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by joew. (Post 4283575)

Yeah,...well, I can tell you it wasn't any less. We had to move the helm station/steering wheel, throttles/shifts, and trim indicators from the center of the cockpit to the Starboard side. Built a new dash panel out of 1/4" aluminum plate, and painted it to make it look like carbon fiber...all new Auto Meter marine gauges, Blue Sea switches, and all kinds of new electrical Blue Sea stuff...so, yeah, there's a little more there than what I originally planned.

I'd wouldn't mind posting some photos of the project, but I'm not sure if there is a simple way of downloading photos from a cell phone to the computer...I cannot keep up with all the latest cell phone trends....too far behind.

joew. 03-26-2015 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by KAAMA (Post 4284376)
Yeah,...well, I can tell you it wasn't any less. We had to move the helm station/steering wheel, throttles/shifts, and trim indicators from the center of the cockpit to the Starboard side. Built a new dash panel out of 1/4" aluminum plate, and painted it to make it look like carbon fiber...all new Auto Meter marine gauges, Blue Sea switches, and all kinds of new electrical Blue Sea stuff...so, yeah, there's a little more there than what I originally planned.

I'd wouldn't mind posting some photos of the project, but I'm not sure if there is a simple way of downloading photos from a cell phone to the computer...I cannot keep up with all the latest cell phone trends....too far behind.

Sounds cool.
Easiest way is to go though drop box or something like it

DirtyMoney 04-06-2015 10:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cut and lowered

US1 Fountain 04-07-2015 08:49 AM

Do you are recessing the dash? Nice! That'll really give a more open look. What's the 2 knobs to left of steering wheel, thruster controls?