Vintage Custom Fountain 47' Lightning questions

Notices

Vintage Custom Fountain 47' Lightning questions

Old 05-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vintage Custom Fountain 47' Lightning questions

Hey guys,

So, I found this picture of what it looks to be a 47 on an old brochure from the early '90s. Its probably from '90-'94 because many of the dashes on the Fevers are black with suade interiors, Sport Cruisers are for sale, and the Reggie Fountain Edition is an option. ANYWAYS, I am curious as to where this particularly red boat is that Reggie is driving. It appears to have a custom faring/windshield that I have never seen before, but looks pretty sweet. It's definitely not a sport cruiser dash of some kind. If anyone has any more information on this boat, or want to see more pictures from the brochure, let me know! Cheers.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was named The Dealer
Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

47 CS (competion series) 1 of three made the first was the #76 boat that ran in new orleans (bye bye movie stars) which i think is the green 47 with tribal graphics that has been for sale for ever, less power and drives, the 2nd was a all red race boat that was later converted to a pleasure kind of and later was parted out about 10 years ago in the midwest, not sure were the hull is now, and the brouchure boat in the photo above was, i believe, the only pleasure version made, had 3 454/525sc motors with #3sm drives ran approx 75,originally for sale at everglades marine in fort lauderdale had the name DEALER down the side, last i heard the boat was at a used car lot in michigan and that was 10years ago give or take. I tried to buy the pleasure boat (dealer) back in 2000 maybe 2001 but didnt work out, Have inquired about its were-a-bouts over the last few years but havent had much response, probable sitting in a marina rotting, and stripped down what a shame. the 47 CS is my all time favorite fountain.

later