Built EC's >

Built EC's

Notices

Built EC's

Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Built EC's

Just curious to see if any one out there is running any 38 ec's with something other than 496 ho's or 500 efis, different drives etc. Curious to see what your getting for performance and how ya like it. I keep seeing all these built formula ss's but have yet to see a 38 ec.
thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 08:03 AM
Registered

Lets bring this back up. Just curious I've seen whippled 509's and arnesons etc etc on formula super sports wondering if anyone has done any performance upgrades to there 38 ec and how it turned out.
also do you ever regret selling your go fast and going into a more "mature" boat. Talking about selling our 38 fever and getting into a 38 ec. Curious to see how ya's like your ec's also.
thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

They perform really well with stock power. 60-65 with 496s is great for a boat that size. I would imagine they would do well with decent power.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 07-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

^^^was looking for that one. Ultimate cruiser.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 AM
10M
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stock 496 EC. In a perfect world I think I would put Arnesons on it before bigger/modified motors. The 496s are reliable, have closed cooling, easy winterization, lots of sensors/monitors for peace of mind, etc. I'm curious how much speed you would gain with surface drives compared to bigger power. Plus they have the cool factor

I came from an older 10 Meter and love the EC. It was a stock power, straight hull boat, so my EC has the same cruise and top speeds, but also has full head, AC, generator, and can seat a bunch of people comfortably. Have 2 kids now and we sleep on it regularly so it fits my needs perfectly. Being able to anchor somewhere and cook a meal and eat it outside at a table in the shade is priceless. I do sometimes miss driving my old boat because I loved hammering it as fast as possible in some rough chop, airing it out, etc. You can't really beat on an EC like that but it still smokes all the other cruisers on the way to and from, and you can live on it. I love it.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Registered

I would love to have that 48 EC with the trip 700’s, wonder what top speed and cruise speeds are with that. That’s just too big in all dimensions for me for now. Wouldn’t fit in my current garage, don’t have a big enough truck for that one. Hell I don’t even know we’re id find a ramp to launch that beast. Defintaley badass though

Last edited by halfgassed; 08-02-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Registered

I don’t know why I never though of leaving the engines stock and run arnesons...... maybe it just sounds too simple LOL
i was thinking about Imco SCX-4’s with whipples on 496 or 500 efi might be fun
Old 08-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2006 with 496 mag ho, runs 62. I went from bravo 3's to bravo 1's with maximus props. Same rpm, speed and cruise, running 1.65:1 bravos and 24" pitch props as the 3's. I puked an upper drive, after babying this thing for 450 hours. I think the solid hub props, weight of boat and torque of engines are too much for the upper gears. I see a lot of Formula ss boats replacing bravo 3's. Hopefully, I'll get more hours on these drives. A little harder to dock though. Looking to put jet thruster up front for docking. I did see a 2005 hp 500 boat with whipples and bravo 1's in mid west for sale, add indicated it runs 83 mph. That's really impressive, if you ask me. Shows there is lots of speed left in this hull. I would imagine the 48 700 boat is 80 plus also. Like 10M, I'm very happy with the performance of this boat, and I've run Formula's 292SR1, 357SR1 kamma, and 419Fastec with triple 525's. I can say this boat is way more solid than the formulas. Not to bash them, but the hull and deck seam is a joke. They are having significant problems separating and leaking water into the boat. My deck on this boat is also way more solid than the Formulas, I can jump up and down and absolutely no movement. Looking forward to a long weekend on labor day in St. Petersburg FL and then a week in Key West in December! That's right, you can't beat winter boating in Key West
Old 08-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Registered

Ecman, how did you like your 419 fastech? How much head room and how long are the couches down below? That’s one of the boats we are thinking about getting into. Torn between a 38 ec, a 47 lightning, or a 419.
We love our 38 fever and hate to sell it but our 1 kid out grew his “sleeping couch” which makes it hard to overnight.
A 419 should fit in our existing garage, a 38 ec would require installing a larger garage door. And a 47 would require an addition on the garage (which was the plan originally)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.