Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Built EC's >

Built EC's

Notices

Built EC's

Old 08-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too would be interested in hearing from boaters who moved from a 38 Fever or Lightening to the 38EC.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 419 Fastec has about 5'-7" of headroom, but can't compare to the 38 EC. Also, our 2006 has the separate master stateroom which provided us privacy from the kids when we boated. Taking our son to college Thursday, so we are back to boating with the 2 of us. Not planning on changing boats though. I liked the fastec, had triple 525 SC/bravo and ran 83 mph. I think a 47 fountain with same FI power will run 88 mph. I have not been in the cabin of a 47 though. I have to say, our Fountain is constructed much stronger than the Formula. Formulas are having a hull and deck joint issue where the plexus just doesn't stay bonded. Also, the deck on the 38 is much stronger than the 419. I think because the full and deck on the Fountain is two layers of fiberglass with the foam coring in the middle. I can jump up and down on the 38 deck and would never do that on my 419. We do a lot of cruising now and the 38EC is just set up so great for cruising. A lot more room in the cockpit, full stand up shower, stand up room in the cabin and the aft sleeper is great for another couple if you ever wanted to stay overnight. I made a hinge fro the radar arch, so I slip the boat in the garage with a 10-6" tall by 11' wide door. The hinged arch is manual, but works great and doesn't look added on. send me your e-mail and I'll try to send you some pics. The 38EC is a great combination of speed and comfort. If you want a little more speed, get the 500 hp boat (or add them) and you will have a solid 70 mph boat.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I wouldn’t mind seeing your hinged arch setup.
[email protected]
off the top of your head do you know how tall your ec sits on the trailer with the arch down?

fyi, your pm inbox is full also

thanks again
matt