Wanted to buy 32 or 35 >

Wanted to buy 32 or 35

Notices

Wanted to buy 32 or 35

Old 12-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only had water once get in, and that was under the hatch when watching a poker run and the water turned to a washing machine. Maybe a gallon?? Otherwise, bilge was dry as a bone.

Agreed, the rear rubrail needs removed and resealed. That’s a problem area that can be fixed in a couple hrs and a $15 tube of sealant. Left uncchecked, keep your bilge pump and batteries in good shape!
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Well I can tell you water comes in through the vents. I fixed the rub rail years ago, but in the water we boat in here water comes in the rear vents. On a lake, not a issue, here and in the ocean it happens.

I have had to replace 4 blower motors in 2 years because salt water kills them fast. Its not much water, not enough for the pumps to pick up but it comes in. We are going to fix that soon, putting side vents in for blowers and getting rid of the rear ones. They should have never changed that from the non step 32's.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I was researching the 32 a few years ago. The biggest drawback I found is the lack of space to work on the engines. Other than that, it's just a matter of size preference and taste. I personally love the way the 32 sits in the water. But other people think it looks like it's sinking.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I Agree, so this is what I did to help, and it helps a lot.

DSC_2497 by WIldman Grafix, on Flickr

DSC_2495 by WIldman Grafix, on Flickr

DSC_2506 by WIldman Grafix, on Flickr
Sure looks nice! You always have to rub that one in don't you hahaha! I like the strainers too! I don't think I ever asked, but I find myself wiggling back on the sides often to reach the transom area do your pumps now get in the way of that?

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Well I can tell you water comes in through the vents. I fixed the rub rail years ago, but in the water we boat in here water comes in the rear vents. On a lake, not a issue, here and in the ocean it happens.

I have had to replace 4 blower motors in 2 years because salt water kills them fast. Its not much water, not enough for the pumps to pick up but it comes in. We are going to fix that soon, putting side vents in for blowers and getting rid of the rear ones. They should have never changed that from the non step 32's.
I was getting some water in mine too from the rub rail, that should be done as a rule for any new 32' owner if there is no history of it being resealed which can also fix a rattling at idle from swim platform as well. Not sure If I would trade the rear vents for my side ones either, it seems like a silly idea from the factory. Most likely got moved to the rear for aesthetic reasons I'm guessing.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Registered

Yes I like rubbing the pump move in!
Lol

The pumps don’t get in the way just the big ass pipes when I am changing bildge blowers!

As for the side vents we are think of molding in a reverse of the current intake vent. It will be smaller and towards the rear. We think it will look better.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or you can design some inserts out of SS that slip in the holes and have a pivoting flap inside that open when the blowers are on and close when off or when a gush if water hits them. Kinda like your exhaust flappers, but way cooler. That would be trick, and one of a kind.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Or you can design some inserts out of SS that slip in the holes and have a pivoting flap inside that open when the blowers are on and close when off or when a gush if water hits them. Kinda like your exhaust flappers, but way cooler. That would be trick, and one of a kind.
lol

yes or that, wish I knew you were selling it, I would have traded my fountain SS covers for those.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

My 35 has quite a bit more room in engine bay than a 32,,and the sun pad sits much more level than a 32,,both great boats,,my 35 is easy to launch & load no problem.
Good Luck.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:04 AM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merry Christmas everyone. Still looking. There has to be so one that'd like to sell a boat that they aren't/haven't been using?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bryan,

I have a 2001 32' Fever with big power, modified Bravo 1's sitting on a Myco aluminum trailer. The boat has been in storage since 2013. I am moving and this boat needs to go! I'll sell it in a range that meets your budget! drop me an email if you want pics and more details. [email protected]

Russ