Fountain 38 Sport Fish Cruiser OB

Notices

Fountain 38 Sport Fish Cruiser OB

Old 08-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain 38 Sport Fish Cruiser OB

Hi Fountain Owners,

I currenlty run a 32 Intrepid Cuddy (for last 8 years) and was wondering if anyone could comment on the differences between the two of these models for speed, economy, ride? The cruiser model is a different hull, I think, while the LX appears to be lighter and sleeker. My family wants the creature comfort of the windshield/sun protection instead of the open center console Intrepid while I am looking for speed and a nice ride to the Dry Tortuga's from my home in Fort Myers.

Fountain 38 CC Sport fish Cruiser (OB) (trip 300 Vrod) and the Fountain 38 LX (trip 300 Vrod)

Old 08-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Are you sure the LX and sportsfish are different hulls? I believe they changed the hull slightly on the later models (the few built from 2009) because they all ride a little bow heavy. Not a huge deal but the last of them were better. They extended the centerline/keel running forward a bit more which reduced the beak slightly and gave more buoyancy up front. If you get a side on pic, you can see the more upright bow and shorter beak.

I love the LX model, I'm sure the missus would too, offers a nice cabin and great lounge area forward of the helm. Intrepid are a great boat, probably a bit heavy for their size but it's a trade off for their ride in the rough.

RR