Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Speaker install in place of existing Fountain Lights. >

Speaker install in place of existing Fountain Lights.

Notices

Speaker install in place of existing Fountain Lights.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker install in place of existing Fountain Lights.

I've seen several boats with speakers installed in the sides of the cockpit (to the left and right of the backseat) where the lighted Fountain Logo resides. I purchased 7.7's with the intentions of doing this same install on my '00 27 Fever. However, when I removed the light and began to inspect for fitment and clearances I quickly ran into problems. Directly behind this light and just above center (where power wires protrude) is a small section of 3" pvc fiberglassed in serving as a wire chase. Not only is it serving as a chase for all the wires going to the dash but also the hydraulic steering lines and line for the fuel pressure gauge. Obviously, this speaker will not fit in this location without quite a bit of work. I have led speaker rings i was going to space them out with but it appears I would around a minimum 2" spacer. Also, I can't move the hole down as it wouldn't cover the existing cutout and wear mark from the light.

How has anyone else been able to accomplish this? Would anyone recommend some type of 'pod' or spacer without it looking just god-awful?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I think your pvc tubes are likely in a different location that what I had. I just used the LED speaker rings. You could cut the PVC tubes out and move them down a bit and reglass them in. It's not a bad job with the correct materials.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

My 32 had speakers in these locations when I got it (6.5's). Behind the starboard side is the "tube" and it looks like someone just sawed it off the hull structure so it is free floating lengthwise now. I used some zip ties to secure the wiring etc. in other places to compensate.

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 08-27-2018 at 04:00 PM.