95 fountain lightning worth >

95 fountain lightning worth

Notices

95 fountain lightning worth

Old 09-21-2019, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 fountain lightning worth

Hey everyone i could use a little help, A buddy of mine has been building a 95 straight bottom 42' lightning and hes finally hit the end for this project because of life changes and hes asked if I can help him sell everything. But i have no idea what any of this is worth, well hull and interior an trailer stuff. Boat started out as a triple then converted to a twin stagger by Lilly sport boats, had Tony at CMS racing in Baltimore build the 454s and start the rigging. Boat has 2 neutral Imco boxes with hp transom assemblies and bravo drives, with Latham steering. He had the interior all redone but its a basic white and the windshield is ruined (heard there is a guy on fb that will make aluminum ones for 1300), hull is a little dry and there's a chip in bow from the old trailer. I went through the stringers seem solid all the way up but there are some small bulk heads in the front that sound hallow but i didn't want to dig to far because its not mine. Just want this thing out of my yard. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Bobbyyeah93; 09-21-2019 at 05:16 AM. Reason: pics added
Old 09-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Not much value in the hull. Anything wet means any buyer has the potential to replace it all. Transom assemblies in good working order a few hundred bucks. I have one of Tony’s fairings on my boat and it’s a great piece but $1300 sounds low and you still have to finish it and install it.

Selling it whole will be difficult. That’s why most of these get parted out. Steering, trailer, boxes, TAs, engines. That’s where the money is.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:37 AM
Registered

Yeah i thnk parting it out is the best way to do it. Ill start posting in the swap shop. As for the faring someone sent me a pic and a price of one the other day it was 1300 but that may have been someone just trying to get rid of not not him actually making it. i wouldn't think they could be made for that cost but its not my boat and i don't even have facebook lol. Thank you for the reply
Old 09-22-2019, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,320 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbyyeah93
Yeah i thnk parting it out is the best way to do it. Ill start posting in the swap shop. As for the faring someone sent me a pic and a price of one the other day it was 1300 but that may have been someone just trying to get rid of not not him actually making it. i wouldn't think they could be made for that cost but its not my boat and i don't even have facebook lol. Thank you for the reply
Pretty sure the $1300 dollar cost is you getting the pieces and welding it together yourself.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix

Pretty sure the $1300 dollar cost is you getting the pieces and welding it together yourself.
That's just what he sent to me but I'm glad there are options out there if someone wanted to tackle a project this big
Old 09-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbyyeah93

yeah the $1300 is for pieces. Then you weld together. I saw that also. Fully finished it will be a bit more. Lol. I have one and he does a great job. I bought mine welded and had it painted and a combing made for it. Good luck with your sale
Old 09-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shame somebody couldn't just pick that up for $2000 and make it sing again.