Fountain 38' 2000 Fever vs Fountain 38' 2004 Lightning >

Fountain 38' 2000 Fever vs Fountain 38' 2004 Lightning

Notices

Fountain 38' 2000 Fever vs Fountain 38' 2004 Lightning

Old 02-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by uluru
Thanks Marginmn Very good points Does look dated but it is clean as I observed the boat this am. Large cockpit
Only thing done to upper end is the valve springs as far as I can determine. High hours are my major concern. Have to continue looking at other options before I pull the trigger. I have to say it looks bigger on the outside than it is in the cabin. Trailer is very heavy duty but I couldn't determine the manufacturer nor could the broker tell me who made it. No sticker other than FOUNTAIN on it.
Hoss
Old 02-05-2020, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by uluru
Thanks Marginmn Very good points Does look dated but it is clean as I observed the boat this am. Large cockpit
Only thing done to upper end is the valve springs as far as I can determine. High hours are my major concern. Have to continue looking at other options before I pull the trigger. I have to say it looks bigger on the outside than it is in the cabin. Trailer is very heavy duty but I couldn't determine the manufacturer nor could the broker tell me who made it. No sticker other than FOUNTAIN on it.
For comparison I sold my Fever - minus engines but everything else ready to rock including XR's, Imco -2 shorties on extension boxes, sea strainers with updated paint and interior on a Pacific trailer for around $40K back in 2011. You may as well count on a complete rebuild very soon with that many hours on those engines, not to mention the headers if they have anywhere near that many hours. . Again, I think for what it is it's way overpriced for meh looking boat.

Last edited by Marginmn; 02-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ALL_IN! (02-06-2020), KRAUSMOTORSPORTS (05-22-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have you purchased one yet?

This one is for sale in Georgia. 1999 Fever, 540’s, B&M blowers, Teague superchillers, IMCO drives, full paint, JL Audio stereo (18 speakers), sea strainers, sand/silt strainers, MYCO trailer. Hit me up if you’re interested.
The following users liked this post:
KRAUSMOTORSPORTS (07-07-2020)