Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That should be a good seller
Old 04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Registered

Worth submitting my story????????

25 Years of Fountain Powerboats

I was excited today when I opened up a favorite website of mine to find an article on Fountain Powerboats and the 25th anniversary commemorative book. I have been a Fountain owner for only a short 5 years, but I have quickly grown attached to my boat, the company and the great people that I have met or talked to that are involved with Fountain Powerboats. The story behind my 35’ Fountain is somewhat unique so I felt this would be good to share and show my appreciation. I am 26 years old and live in Kansas City, Missouri and boat at the infamous Lake of the Ozarks. For 12 years I was an internationally competitive gymnast and my life revolved around the sport. In 1994, I made the US National Team and began competing on a national and international level. Obviously, my ultimate goal in life at that time was Olympic competition and I felt I was on the right track. In January of 1996, I was awarded a scholarship from the USA Gymnastics Association that allowed me to continue training privately and continue on my journey toward Olympic gold. Tragically, in March of 1997, I was injured in a training accident that left me paralyzed from my chest down. That moment changed my life in more ways than I would ever realize. I spent the next 4 months in a rehabilitation hospital in Denver Colorado trying to piece back together my life, which in my yes had shattered into a million pieces. My heart was broken, my dreams gone and my will to go on was lost. I had always been a very outgoing, upbeat person who rarely could be found without a smile on his face, so it was hard on everyone getting used to the new me. The wheelchair took some getting used to, but the mental adjustments were much more difficult. Without my family and friends helping, I never would have made it through. I spent the next few years searching for something that would bring back that focus in my life. Our family has always enjoyed our time at the lake and getting out on the water. We have had several boats over the years, but I had always been drawn to the high performance boats. I decided it was time to stop watching these boats go by and become an owner. I researched many boats and manufacturers, but I always cam back to the Fountain line. The sleek lines, race-like design and look they had as they ran across the lake made my decision much easier. I was able to find a 1995 35’ Fountain Lightning that was in excellent shape and fit my lifestyle. The day we picked up the boat and I heard those engines roar for the first time was one of the best days I had since that tragic day. My first ride in the boat was like a dream, the wind in my face, sun shining down on me, and a smile on my face not seen in many years. For that next hour I completely forgot about my circumstances and the chair that waited for me back at the docks. Since that day, I’ve been hooked on this sport and jumped head first into making my boat my own. I’ve spent countless hours and dollars making my Fountain fit me and who I am, but the pleasure I get from the times I spend out on my boat more than pay for it. Although I can’t yet drive my boat due to my injury, I will walk again one day and that will begin a whole new chapter in my life and boating world. I am sure there will come a day when I will sell my Fountain to someone who I hope will enjoy it just half as much as I have, but that will be the same day I move up to my 42’ Fountain! Boating brings me so much joy and freedom and my Fountain is the way I choose to boat. My family and friends love my boat, but even more they love having the Ryan they know back. Thank you Reggie and the entire Fountain team for 25 years of great boats, memories and excitement! You have given me back a part of my life I thought was lost forever. Congratulations on 25 years and I’m sure I speak for most everyone when I say I‘m looking forward to 25 more!!!

Sincerely,

Ryan J. Waggener
Proud owner of a 35’ Fountain Lightning
“Drinking Fountain”
Old 04-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Registered

Wow!! Submit story.. I think they said 200 words or less, not sure. Sounds like you are on the right track. Boating will do that for you. What equip were you on when accident happened?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

Really, wow, I'll have to trim it down. Darn..........lol.

i was training vault. I had been doing it for a year, just a freak thing.......
Old 04-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

ck the form but I think it said 200 words. I did basic gymnastics in high school, nothing too competitive like you. Iron crosses on the rings were big to do and not many could do that. Why can't you modify drivers seat so you can drive? I would think there is some way. you got pics of yours?
Attached Thumbnails 25th Anniversary Commemorative book-35-4oso.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Registered

Only problem is I don't have use of my hands.
I'm working on some ideas though!!!

Old pic........
Attached Thumbnails 25th Anniversary Commemorative book-1.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that is an incredible story, i am convinced that your story will and can change lives.. i roadraced for years and quit in 92 when my best freind had a mechanical failure and went into 11 at sears point about 80 mph tooo fast. was horrible deal, he was in a halo for months and in a rotarest bed,,
he now has since over 12 yrs regained some use in right leg and left arm, its a long and slow process but he wont give up.. he almost did one day sitting in his electric wheelchair at the edge of the pool..
SCARED the crap out of us...
he now is having an awsome life working on race cars and motorcycles and has a great business..
so its inspireing to see what u have done with the boating to life goes on...
Old 04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
jeff bratton

GO for it! it nice to hear such an uplifting story. The power of boating!

Old 04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Registered

Jonas,

Thank you for the kind words. I hope I can help people in any way I can. I'm hoping to have everything together to be able to have a poker run next summer to raise money for spinal cord injuries and research. I can sympathize with your friend, we've all had days that we feel we'd be better off in another place, but we have to stay strong not only for ourselves, but the friends and family around us. Tell him to remain strong and I'll keep him in my thoughts!

Quick Reply: 25th Anniversary Commemorative book

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.