Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Newbie to the fountain family (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/81016-newbie-fountain-family.html)

mez 06-10-2004 01:27 PM

Newbie to the fountain family

I am trying to soak up all the information I can gather from this forum. The boat I have purchased is a 92 38sc with stock 502's.I will be taking delivery early July. Meanwhile, any insights on properly trimming drives and tabs would be appreciated . Feel free to add anything else you deem important to us offshore rookies.

pachangalpina 06-10-2004 01:49 PM

Re: Newbie to the fountain family

Congrats!!!! I can't help as much as some but I am sure you will find a wealth of info here. I believe you will need to play around with the drives and tabs some to get the feel of the boat and ask that question again later and compare it to what you find now.

Good luck. Todd

BAJA WILL 06-10-2004 01:52 PM

Congrats

As for info start with the test sheet that comes from Fountain, if you don't have it or it is lost get the hull # and call Fountain and they may still have acopy. That would be a great place to start.

Welcome

WILL :drink:

blownincome 06-10-2004 05:18 PM

Congrats...
I Have driven a 38 sc a few times and I can tell you that like all fountains there a lot of fun to drive.. They are however very wind sensitive!!you will have to play with your tabs to get the feel of it but say your takeing wind across the port side bow she will list and need correction with the tabs ..
It will come to you fairly quick.. Nice boat to stay on very nice..
Again congrats! :drink:
Bob Jordan

Downtown42 06-10-2004 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Congrats

As for info start with the test sheet that comes from Fountain, if you don't have it or it is lost get the hull # and call Fountain and they may still have acopy. That would be a great place to start.

Welcome

WILL :drink:

That is correct. Factory shows interval tab/drive settings at different rpm's.

Welcome also, there is a ton of info here.

BobbyB 06-10-2004 08:22 PM

Welcome and Congrats!!!

Jana 06-11-2004 07:22 AM

Congrats! One of my friends had a 38SC (his had Yanmars) - very nice boat. Welcome to the family.

38SprtCruzKev 06-11-2004 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by blownincome
Congrats...
They are however very wind sensitive!!you will have to play with your tabs to get the feel of it but say your takeing wind across the port side bow she will list and need correction with the tabs ..

As a owner of a 97 38SC since last August, I agree, they are awesome boats but do take some time to learn how to drive and dock, especially in windy conditions, when driving you will need to make small corrections. When docking in windy conditions, just have your people and lines ready.

Congrats and welcome to the Fountain family! :drink:

Mark D 06-11-2004 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the family.........

mez 06-14-2004 06:38 PM

Thanks for your replies. I called fountain to get the test sheet. Sounds like a great reference tool for trimming the boat. :)