Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Old 04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Bob, Jay:

I can't make the run in the morning. If you see a slow 40 Cabo wandering around Marco or Naples, flag me down.

Tom
Tom,
Think about coming down to see us at Keywaydin. Jayboat on the old thread posted Google Earth pics on how to get there. I expect we will be there from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm before we leave to go around the island. If not we will see you next time.
Bob
Old 04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OK, tomorrow is the day. Weather is going to be great.
NOAA is saying winds 5 to 10 knots out of the southeast. Seas 2ft or less. Temp 84deg. Should be good conditions for the run.

As stated earlier the start point for Ft Myers and area boats is the Sanibel Bridge. Departure time from there is 10:00 AM. Since I am down on Marco the plan is for Jeff Haylett in his 42' Fountain to lead the boats south towards Marco. His boat is all white with the number 1 on the bow. Many in the area know Jeff well as he has had offshores for many years. I will head North from Marco to meet the group of boats half way. John G. in his Cigarette Tiger will run with me and we will join the group there.
My cell phone number is 519-498-6945 if anyone needs to talk to me.
See you all in the morning and really looking forward to this.
Bob
Old 04-21-2006, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh, yes. One more thing. Jeff has suggested that the boats gather on the south side of the Sanibel Bridge. There is more water there and saves the idle under the bridge when the group leaves. Sounds smart.
Bob
Old 04-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Bob, BAD HABIT is up and running. Turns out it was a cracked plug. See ya tomorrow!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still 50/50. Trying to make it. If its a go. I will go from sanibel to keywayden. I will have to pull out about 2PM and head back to cape coral. Family is in from out of town so trying to make eveyone happy. including me in the fun run
Dennis
Old 04-21-2006, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SMITHBOY36
Bob, BAD HABIT is up and running. Turns out it was a cracked plug. See ya tomorrow!
Ya, that's great, Mike. Was talking to Nate today and he gave me the good news. Bet that put a bit of a scare into you.
Keep an eye out for Hans [ Rockstrmkr ] in his Baja. He is going to go early and help you guys stretch the crime scene tape and stake out our territory in the morning.
See you around 11 at Keywaydin.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bowtye8
I am still 50/50. Trying to make it. If its a go. I will go from sanibel to keywayden. I will have to pull out about 2PM and head back to cape coral. Family is in from out of town so trying to make eveyone happy. including me in the fun run
Dennis
Hope you can make it, even for the beach party Dennis. We will be pulling out from Keywaydin sometime around 1:30pm for our round the Island excursion and maybe that would be a good time to leave. You would be home by mid afternoon and everyone would be happy [ hopefully ]. Something to think about.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Mike,

Were you running when the plug let go or did it happen when you went to start it? Did it run rough, or not at all? I'm sure there were a few "Oh Sh!t"s said...
Old 04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Merlin, in the house,ready to go, my crew meeting at Cabana at 9:30 see everyone at the beach, no tape though my buddy did not come threw,oh well see ya in the am.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Mike,

Were you running when the plug let go or did it happen when you went to start it? Did it run rough, or not at all? I'm sure there were a few "Oh Sh!t"s said...
Not exactly sure when but it was a small popping like backfire noise. Boat would run but just not like normal. Glad it was just a plug!

Quick Reply: Fun Run to Marco Island - April 22/06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.