Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc. >

Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

Notices

Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

To save sifting thru the complete Thanksgiving Fun Run Thread I have started a new thread containing info to help each Captain/Crew that will be making the run.

Route / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge it will be about 30 miles south to our rendezvous point at Gordon Pass, Naples. This is where SMITHBOY [ aboard capnates' 38 Top Gun - Merlin ] and I will meet the group. From there , 15 miles south to Marco and then another 25 miles via offshore route to Everglades City for a total of 70 miles. On the way back north after lunch, it will be 10 miles less as the tide will be up and and we will take a shortcut thru the backwaters of Marco Island.
We will leave Gordon Pass at 11:15 sharp for Everglades City. Boats should start to meet around 11 AM . Some of the Cape Coral/Ft Myers/FMB/Bonita boats may want to run together to Gordon Pass. Possibly 2 groups - fast group and not quite so fast group. No one gets left behind !

Fuel:
Everyone should leave with full fuel as there are no convenient marinas along the way. Since there is no 93 octane fuel in Everglades City I have arranged for Quickfuel to send us a tanker to refuel while we are having lunch. Please take advantage of this as it will save us a lot of time and avoid us jamming up a fuel dock. This way we will be ready to go after lunch. 93 octane is $ 3.13 a gal. [ slightly less than the $ 3.14 being charged at Calusa Island Marina in Goodland]. 89 octane will also be available for those that need it.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-21-2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: additional info added
Old 11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Re: Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

Food:

Our lunch stop will be the historic Everglades Rod and Gun Club in Everglades City. Take a little time to browse the interesting pictures and stuffed animals in the lobby. To make things quicker and easier for them and us, Patty has given us a choice from a limited menu.
For $ 19.95per person which includes tax and tip we can choose from:
Fish Sandwich [ fried or broiled ] with frech fries & cole slaw
Shrimp Salad or SS Sandwich w fries & cole slaw
Chicken Caesar or Chicken Sandwich w fries & cole slaw
Beverage: soda/coffee/tea/lemonade
If you have special dietary needs , I'm sure they will accomodate you.

After Lunch:

We should be in a position to head out around 2:30 PM. The original plan was to go to the Esplande on Marco but time may require that we leave that for another time. With the distance some are travelling and darkness setting in earlier now, I think we will head back to Marco and ponts north from there. Some of us locals may swing by Keywaydin and check out the action there before calling it a day.

Safety:

Each Captain is required to operate his/her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE [ Boating Safety Association for Events ]. Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Should you require any additional information please feel free to contact me thru my OSO contact info or cell: 239 776 0481 or e mail: [email protected]
Old 11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

how fast will the *not so fast group be* ??

JH
Old 11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
how fast will the *not so fast group be* ??

JH
I would think 45 mph would be a minimum cruising speed. Anything less than that will make for a loooong day.
Does that work for you? Hope so.
Bob
Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ttt
Old 11-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope this gets a little better. Might be a little rough on us coming from Ft. Myers.
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs..../61121010/1075
Old 11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Hope this gets a little better. Might be a little rough on us coming from Ft. Myers.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I thought you Nor-Tech guys liked the rough stuff.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I would think 45 mph would be a minimum cruising speed. Anything less than that will make for a loooong day.
Does that work for you? Hope so.
Bob
45-50 works for me as a slowpoke, but the 5-7's, in to the wind, for 70 miles each way, don't... darn
Old 11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Extended forcast

FRIDAY NIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. .SATURDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. .SATURDAY NIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

Quick Reply: Information Thread Re: Thanksgiving Fun Run Sat Nov 25/06 - Route, Fuel, Food, Etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.