Discussion Thread - FMO Oct. 07 to Jan. 08 Fun Run Schedule

Notices

Discussion Thread - FMO Oct. 07 to Jan. 08 Fun Run Schedule

Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Discussion Thread - FMO Oct. 07 to Jan. 08 Fun Run Schedule

I have been giving some thought to the months ahead and thought I would post this for discussion so some final decisions can be made on dates for a few Fun Runs before the end of the year.

I think we can agree that the Thanksgiving weekend and New Years Day Fun Runs worked well and should be annual events. I propose that that we again have Fun Runs on Sat. Nov. 24th on the Thanksgiving weekend and on Jan. 1st / 08 being New Years Day. Agree / Disagree ?

I would also like to see one in Oct. I suggest we stay away from the weekend of Oct. 5 - 7 as Poker Runs America has an event in Sarasota that some of us will be attending. If I may suggest, consideration be made for Sat. Oct. 27th as a possible Fun Run date.

In Nov. during the week of Nov. 8 to 12 some of us will be attending the Key West boat races and anyone interested in going by boat is welcome to contact me or the Florida Powerboat Club office.

Should there be support for a December run, I would suggest possibly Sat. Dec. 8th, to avoid getting too close to Christmas.

Proposed Fun Run Schedule and area Poker Runs:

Sat. Oct 6th Poker Runs America, Sarasota PR

Sat. Oct 27th proposed FMO Fun Run Changed to Oct 20th - confirmed

Nov. 8 - 12 Florida Powerboat Club Key West Run

Sat. Nov. 24th FMO Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run Confirmed

Sat. Dec. 8th proposed FMO Fun Run Confirmed

Jan. 1/08 FMO New Years Day Fun Run Confirmed

Tell us what you think, please Nothing is carved in stone and with your input we can have a great season ahead. Once we agree on a schedule we can have further discussion on where each of our Fun Runs will take us. Also with a schedule established, our northern friends can make travel plans and join us.
Your input is needed and welcome.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-16-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob:

Thanks for getting this discussion started.

Oct 27th is the Fort Lauderdale boat show weekend. I know that some boat owners make a pilgrimage to the boat show each year. I would rather do a fun run but may have to attend the boat show. Is Saturday Oct 20th an OK date as an alternate?

I'd also like to suggest that we affiliate with a charitble organization for each of the FMO runs. I'm sure that each of us has a favorite, my personal fav is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - dedicated to finding a cure for diabietes, especially type I, that affects children.

Let's hear from everyone else ....

Tom
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Bob:

Thanks for getting this discussion started.

Oct 27th is the Fort Lauderdale boat show weekend. I know that some boat owners make a pilgrimage to the boat show each year. I would rather do a fun run but may have to attend the boat show. Is Saturday Oct 20th an OK date as an alternate?

I'd also like to suggest that we affiliate with a charitble organization for each of the FMO runs. I'm sure that each of us has a favorite, my personal fav is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - dedicated to finding a cure for diabietes, especially type I, that affects children.

Let's hear from everyone else ....

Tom
Thanks Tom. Some good points made.

October 20th could work for me. That is 2 weeks following the Sarasota event and I expect I will be ready for more !

Just some thoughts on aligning ourselves with a charity. I am all in favor of raising funds for a charity and would like to see us do that. Juvenile Diabetes would certainly have my support as well. I think to do it on every run tho adds a lot of work for us. I would suggest that we start by picking one event, say our Thanksgiving run as a fund raiser. If we feel it was worthwhile and successfull we can always do it on another run after the first of the new year.

Also since posting I think that not all of our Fun Runs need to be a destination that involve a restaurant and the logistics that presents. Perhaps the proposed Dec. 8th run could simply be to somewhere like Keewaydin where we will bring our lunch and beverages and just hang out at the beach. Very laid back and casual and a chance to meet and mingle.

Bob
Old 09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

I have also polled the marina manager and "Food & Beverage" director at the Pelican Isle Yacht club. They would be happy to host a luch or dinner if we want to make that an endpoint for one, or more, of our runs.

T
Old 09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I should be in for all of those dates, and I think the charity idea is a great one I have really always liked Make a Wish maybe that could be sometime after Juvenile Diabetes. I do agree with Bob though that trying to do it every run might be to much.

I have been out to South Seas Resort about 10 times this summer and have become pretty good friends with Craig the harbor master. I am going out there next Thursday, should I book us for one of these dates if so which.

Lastly I will bring this up again is anyone interested in running from our coast to Key West for the races. Last year I left from Miami, it just seems like more of an adventure to go from here plus you dont have to deal with trailering and storing the trailer.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
In Nov. during the week of Nov. 8 to 12 some of us will be attending the Key West boat races and anyone interested in going by boat is welcome to contact me or the Florida Powerboat Club office.

Bob

Hey Darlin .... looks like seein you in KW. Im there Nov 4 - 12. Maybe we can get some more of that seat time in
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by THUNDER-STRUCK
I should be in for all of those dates, and I think the charity idea is a great one I have really always liked Make a Wish maybe that could be sometime after Juvenile Diabetes. I do agree with Bob though that trying to do it every run might be to much.

I have been out to South Seas Resort about 10 times this summer and have become pretty good friends with Craig the harbor master. I am going out there next Thursday, should I book us for one of these dates if so which.

Lastly I will bring this up again is anyone interested in running from our coast to Key West for the races. Last year I left from Miami, it just seems like more of an adventure to go from here plus you dont have to deal with trailering and storing the trailer.
Thanks Aaron. South Seas would make a great destination for the group on one of the events. I was in there with Poker Runs America in the spring and they allowed us to use their swimming pools. They made us feel very welcome and said our FMO group is welcome there as well. They can handle a large number of boats easily, especially if it is early in the season before they get too busy. I have his card and when we are a little further along with our planning, contact can be made.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-07-2007 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typooo
Old 09-07-2007, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Darlin .... looks like seein you in KW. Im there Nov 4 - 12. Maybe we can get some more of that seat time in
Hey Dawn,

Great. Now I ...er you get to collect! LOL 4th to 12 th ?? You cannot handle 9 days in Key West !! You will be half dead by the time I get there on the 8th ! But I can take care of you when I get there ! LOL Look forward to seeing you there.
Bob
Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
I have also polled the marina manager and "Food & Beverage" director at the Pelican Isle Yacht club. They would be happy to host a luch or dinner if we want to make that an endpoint for one, or more, of our runs.

T
Tom, where is Pelican Isle Yacht Club ? Wiggins Pass maybe ?
Bob
Old 09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Not going in the water until Hurricane season is over. Anything from November through April is great for me. .

We will be in KW at least one day for the races. See ya soon.

Quick Reply: Discussion Thread - FMO Oct. 07 to Jan. 08 Fun Run Schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.