Some brief "Fun Run Info" & " Looking for New Ideas " thread

Like Tree0Likes

Some brief "Fun Run Info" & " Looking for New Ideas " thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boat: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Default Some brief "Fun Run Info" & " Looking for New Ideas " thread

I thought I would share some preliminary information about our upcoming Fun Runs and also invite some thoughts and ideas for future fun runs.

Our next Fun Run is scheduled for Sat. Nov. 24th. That is the Saturday of the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. We will be going to Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda on Charlotte Harbor. We will be served a buffet lunch at the Capain's Table over Harpoon Harry's. This event will be a fund raiser to help Yvonne Highfil with medical expenses from recent heart surgery. You can read more about Yvonne's situation on Maritime_Eng's thread titled " Fund raiser for one of our own".
I will start a new thread on this run with more specific information in the next day or so.

Our Dec. 8th Fun Run is being organised by Megabyte*3 ( Tom C. ) and with some help from THUNDER-STRUCK ( Aaron ) arrangements have been made for us to go to the 5 star South Seas Plantation. This run is offered as both a day trip ( lunch etc.) or an overnight stay. For more complete information visit Tom's thread tiltled " Dec. 8th Fun Run & Overnite".
If you are planning on attending please let Tom know.

Our New Years Day Fun Run will be to Guy Harvey's in the Esplanade complex on Marco Island. Danny has agreed to open early ( 1:30 to 3:30 PM ) exclusively for our group. After we leave they will then open to the general public. This has become a favorite destination for many in our group. Guy Harvey's were so accomodating to us after we ended up en mass on their doorstep last New Years Day when weather forced us to change our destination.
A thread with more specific information on this run will be posted later this month.

Just a reminder that Ft Myers Offshore events are open to all and there is no charge. All we ask is that you boat safely and responsibly and we all go out and enjoy the day.

With that all said, I would like to invite ideas for new destinations in the New Year. Last year we went to Everglades City. ( want to go back ? ) If so, tell us. We also had a fun day at the beach at Keewaydin Island, between Marco and Naples. We have been to Naples ( Bayfront ), the Green Flash and Cabbage Key for lunch. Some have said they would like to go to Tween Waters. Tom's club at Wiggin's Pass for lunch has been mentioned. I think to, Gasparilla would be a neat destination if anyone knows about dockage and a good restaurant up there.
Lets hear your thoughts and see what we can come up with.

If you would like to get involved with organising an event as John W. and Tom C. have, just let us know.

All the best,

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-02-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

My Boat: Baja 38 Special

Bob, I will definately help with future fun runs. It make the whole experience that much more exciting. Especially when weather is involved. As far as destinations all mentioned sound good to me Cabbage key was very cool as well as Everglades city.

John
Old 11-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

I have spoken to the Wells family regarding bringing the group to Cabbage Key. Docking for 20 to 30 boats could be a problem in season.

How about a longer run? Say, to the Hyatt in Sarasota. Is that too far? The question will be mitigated by fuel prices in the near future!!

Tom