Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 24 / 07 >

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 24 / 07

Notices

Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 24 / 07

Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Rick -

How's JayL ?

See you over here ,
Hans
Hans,

Jay and I kinda lost touch, not for any good reason, just busy with our own projects.

Rick
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder

Does anyone else want to offer a few seats to raise some addition money for the fund raiser ? Just post up, if so.
Thanks,
Bob
If anyone does have any open seats I will be in for 1 or 2 of them. We spun a bearing on the brand new, still under warranty with only 12 hours on it motor argh, I will just not have time to get the motor out and a new one back in before the run. I am starting to think this is not my year For any of you keeping track, this makes four so far and we still have another month left.
Hope to see everyone soon.

John
Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

John -
Really sorry to hear that.....
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry John, I think your boat is cursed. I will be out of town for Thanksgiving but looking forward to the December 8th and New Years Day runs.

Jack
Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

John -
Sorry to hear that..... I hope you are able to find someone in Naples that has open seats for the run.

Don

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 11-15-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I think between Bob and myself we will always keep the marine repair business going strong As far as my boat being cursed I actually think it is just the owner. A lot of folks on the OSO board don't think too highly of the Baja, but I have to say that the 38 special while not the fastest boat in the world has just no pity on big seas I hope that any/all future boats that I own can handle rough seas like this one. The misfortunes of this year while very frustrating have taught me invaluble lessons about things I did not have the greatest knowledge of before. For example, I would wager that I can pull a motor faster than most marine mechanics at this point and before this year the only thing I new about motors was how to turn the key and start them. Not that this is what I bargained for when getting into boating but hell, every dark cloud always has a silver lining
I will add one more thing on that, Just as I was thinking no one has worse luck than me I read the post about the guy who was heading down to Key West hauling the boat, got in an accident, lost the boat and trailer. I felt for him and started feeling a bit foolish for being so trivial. Its just a motor which really in the whole scheme of things I will lose a month. Some one very philisophical once said "I used to complain that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" Have a great Friday

John
Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Specialized
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I think between Bob and myself we will always keep the marine repair business going strong As far as my boat being cursed I actually think it is just the owner. A lot of folks on the OSO board don't think too highly of the Baja, but I have to say that the 38 special while not the fastest boat in the world has just no pity on big seas I hope that any/all future boats that I own can handle rough seas like this one. The misfortunes of this year while very frustrating have taught me invaluble lessons about things I did not have the greatest knowledge of before. For example, I would wager that I can pull a motor faster than most marine mechanics at this point and before this year the only thing I new about motors was how to turn the key and start them. Not that this is what I bargained for when getting into boating but hell, every dark cloud always has a silver lining
I will add one more thing on that, Just as I was thinking no one has worse luck than me I read the post about the guy who was heading down to Key West hauling the boat, got in an accident, lost the boat and trailer. I felt for him and started feeling a bit foolish for being so trivial. Its just a motor which really in the whole scheme of things I will lose a month. Some one very philisophical once said "I used to complain that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" Have a great Friday

John
John,

Thats a great way to look at things, we all razz the Baja's, but truth be told, if someone left a 38 special in my driveway, I wouldnt complain. If ya need any help wrenching, I would be glad to come over and give ya a hand, I am no master mechanic either but I have turned a wrnch or 2 in my time

Rick
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

I am late coming down but will buzz in Monday. Hopefully I can get the boat out, commissioned and splashed for the run. Need to charge the batteries, make sure it starts, fuel and washed before leaving for the water.

John. if you need a ride I could use some help.

Dennis
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Registered

Hi Bob,
Just bought a place in the Cape this summer and plan to be down over TG. Sounds like a fun run for a good cause...unfortunately my main boat (50 Hustler) won't make the trip this year. Just wondering how fast you'll be running...I have a 30' Scarab CC with T200's I leave there that I could run.
Either way I'd like to hook up with your club eventually...been runnin' poker runs up north here for over 15 years and currently organize the Apostle Islands PR on Lake Superior.
Gary
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Menace
I am late coming down but will buzz in Monday. Hopefully I can get the boat out, commissioned and splashed for the run. Need to charge the batteries, make sure it starts, fuel and washed before leaving for the water.

John. if you need a ride I could use some help.

Dennis
Dennis, I would be happy to ride in your wonderful machine. Do you know if you will have 2 seats as I could fill another with my 1st mate. Also let me know if there is any help that I can give you in getting the boat ready in the days leading up to the run. I promise I won't touch your engine

Thanks,
John

Quick Reply: Information Thread for Thanksgiving Weekend Charity Fun Run - Sat. Nov. 24 / 07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.