Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina >

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

Notices

Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

Old 02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

March 7, 2009 Fun Run to the Lighthouse restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina

Welcome to another FMO event. We will assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge departing at 11:00 AM. The plan is to circumnavigate Sanibel and Captiva Islands, before we have lunch at the Lighthouse restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina.

If you are able to join us, please post up here on OSO on either this thread or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since we are now formally a Club, and this is a sanctioned club event we ask that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and download the membership form if you have not already done so. You may either mail it in or submit at our lunch at the Lighthouse restaurant.
If your boat is down for service and you feel like driving to the Lighthouse restaurant and joining us for lunch, Club members are most welcome to do so. It is located on Mcgregor Blvd, a mile or so before the Sanibel Bridge. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family. It is always very social and a good time. Please let me know so we can give the restaurant a head count.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run south for a few miles and round the southern tip of Sanibel Island, then heading west into the Gulf and eventually north off Sanibel and Captiva Islands. At Redfish Pass we will come back into the Intracoastal waterway and make our way back south to Port Sanibel Marina. The Marina entrance is just north of the Sanibel Harbor Resort.
Note to Marco and Naples boats. You are welcome to join me for the run up to the Sanibel Bridge to meet the main group of boats. I will leave Marco at 10 am and pass by Gordon Pass at 10:10 AM on the way north.

Lunch: We can order from the Lighthouse menu and each person will be responsible for their charges directly to the restaurant

50 / 50 draw: At lunch we will be selling raffle tickets. 100 % of the proceeds will go into the FMO scholarship fund. In April, we will be awarding 2 or possibly 3, $1,500.00 scholarships to area students. Please support your Club, and the good work we are trying to do.

Fuel / Distance: I expect the run from the Bridge around the Islands to the lunch stop will be approximately 50 miles max. Most vessels will have sufficient range for this run if they are full of fuel at the start.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (OSO / FMO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR, so make sure you come alongside for some great running shots of your boat during the coarse of the run. They will be posted on the forum and website, after the run.

Tide Info: ( to follow )

Cape Coral ( Bridge): LT:8:00 AM; HT: 2:52 PM; LT: 6:37 PM
Sanibel Bridge: LT: 4:39 AM; HT: 12:40 PM; LT: 3:15 PM
Naples Bay (north end) : LT: 4:16 AM; HT: 11:24 AM; LT: 4:19 PM
Marco Island: LT: 4:19 AM; HT: 11:37 AM; LT: 4:22 PM

Note the morning low tide in Cape Coral for those with boats on lifts

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88

Redfish Pass- ( catch up stop # 1): N 26 33 14; W 82 12 70

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing:

NOAA Weather: http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.ph...656&syn=gmz606

The Weather Channel: http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_vacation

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-port-sanibel-marina.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-22-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A few pics I took short while ago when in the area. They are anxious to have us and thank you BajaRick for your help with this.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-dscn0780_2.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-dscn0782.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-dscn0786.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-22-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chart of proposed route, as per discussions with Bob.

Overall route shown, also Redfish pass, and entrance to Port Sanibel Marina

NOTE: After some discussions with Bob, we are making a minor change to the route, to better accommodate our group, and eliminate a narrow passage on the previous route.

The new route has been posted here.
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-route2.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-alt-route.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-alt-route2.jpg  

Last edited by AppSysCons; 02-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

We are in.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Got an e mail this evening from Mark G out of Naples. Mark will be joining the club and has just had new Cobra 1200's put into his 42' Fountain.
Welcome to FMO, Mark.
Bob

Thanks for the chart display, Frank. Looks good !! Note that I have corrected the mileage to read max 50 miles for the loop.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-22-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See everyone on the 7th.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 02-24-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue and I are ready for more FMO fun! Pete
Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Love those maps, Frank. Mo betta than google earth.

Here are some google views anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-port-sanibel.jpg   Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina-sanibel-causeway.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 02-23-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add google

Quick Reply: Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. March 7 / 09 Fun Run to Port Sanibel Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.