Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Roll Call / Information Thread, New Years Day 2010 fun run to Marco Island, FL >

Roll Call / Information Thread, New Years Day 2010 fun run to Marco Island, FL

Notices

Roll Call / Information Thread, New Years Day 2010 fun run to Marco Island, FL

Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roll Call / Information Thread, New Years Day 2010 fun run to Marco Island, FL

Our 4th annual New Years Day Fun Run will again be to Marco Island. We will start from the south side of the Sanibel Bridge at 11:30 AM. Lunch will be at C.J’s on the Bay in the Esplanade complex. If the weather is warm, we will eat outside on the patio surrounding the Star Bar. If coolish, they will accommodate us inside. This will be a rain or shine event. If the weather is not suitable to run down in our boats, we will jump in our cars and drive to the Esplanade. Let's hope for more of the great weather we had last year.

If you are able to join us, post up here or let me know by phone: 239-776-0481, e mail: [email protected] Post your questions / comments here on this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

The run is open to all offshore boats capable of a safe 50 MPH min. cruising speed so tell your friends but please help by making sure they get this information to minimize any confusion. We need to know who all is coming, so C.J’s and the dock master can be prepared for us. It would also be helpful to pass along to them an FMO membership form. It can be found by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org Click on Membership and download the form. First run, no obligation to join. Second run, you must like us, so time to sign up !! It can be mailed in ( preferred ) or presented at any run.
Bob

Membership renewal: Please be mindful that if you have not renewed your membership for 2010, now would be a good time to do so. You may mail it in or bring along on the run with you. The downloadable form can be found by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will start behind the pace boat(s) until the yellow flag drops when we can settle into a group that suits our speed. We will head south into San Carlos Bay, past Bonita Beach, past Naples and go into Marco at Big Marco Pass. From the Marco River, turn right into the first canal ( before Snook Inn ) making our way to The Esplanade.

Fuel / Distance: The distance from the Sanibel Bridge to Marco Island is about 45 miles each way. All boats are urged to leave with full fuel as there is no convenient fuelling along our route. 93 octane is available at the Caloosa Island Yacht Club in Goodland which is 10 miles south east of Marco and not real easy to get to. There is a fuel dock in the Marco River a quarter mile beyond the Snook Inn with 89 octane as well as Hamilton Harbor, a mile inside Gordon Pass, Naples.

Dockage: The public dockage at The Esplanade is located along the seawall. The dock master will do his best to keep as much dockage open for us as possible but he cannot turn the public away. Some rafting will likely be required. Please do not use the slips as they are privately owned. A Tee dock was once opened for us when space ran out. Don’t be afraid to flip the dock master a few dollars to show your appreciation.

Food: We will eat from C.J’s menu and each participant will be responsible to C.J’s for their meal / drinks.

50 / 50 draw: At lunch we will be selling raffle tickets. 100 % of the proceeds will go into the FMO student scholarship fund. Please support your Club, and the good work we are trying to do.

Clothing: We will have men's and ladies tee shirts and hats available bareing the new Ft. Myers Offshore logo. Men's sizes S, M, L, XL & XXL in black, white and yellow; ladies in S, M, & L in black and white and hats in black and white. Items are all priced at $22.00 each, a portion of which goes into the club's student scholarship fund.

Communication: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Club photographer, Jay ( OSO / FMO Jayboat ) will be aboard Team PREDATOR taking running shots as we go. Feel free to run alongside for awhile and Jay will get your picture. In the interests of keeping this run affordable, FMO has decided that we will defer having the helicopter until a later date.

Tide Info:
Note the low tide in the morning in most areas. Can you get the boat off the lift or launch at the ramps? Something to think about in advance.

Cape Coral Bridge : HT – 2:02 AM; LT - 11:00AM; HT - 5:36 PM
Sanibel Bridge (Punta Rassa): LT – 7:39AM; HT - 3:20 PM; LT – 5:45PM
Estero Bay (Little Hickory Island): LT - 7:53AM; HT – 3:23PM; LT – 5:59PM
Naples Bay (north end): LT - 7:33AM; HT – 2:07PM; LT – 7:27PM
Marco River: LT - 7:30AM; HT – 2:10PM; LT – 7:14 PM

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88.
Naples: ( Gordon Pass ) N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67.
Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25

Weather / Sea Conditions: to be posted 5 days prior to event and updated daily referencing The Weather Channel as well as NOAA Marine Weather.

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact Info:
Bob cell: 239-776-0481 e mail: [email protected]

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website: http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

Caloosa Isle Boat Sales and Service, Ft. Myers. - Certified Mercury and Yamaha Parts & Service Ph: 239 482 4511 Website: http://www.caloosaisle.com/ Contact: Tom Cullen

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island / Naples - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website: http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage.com , Naples - Sports photography Phone: 941 276 5650 Website: under construction Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website: http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: John Wilkinson

West Coast Custom Cabinetry custom cabinets and tile work Phone: 239 481 8109 Website: http://www.cabinetsclosetsandtile.com/about.php Contact, Ben Payne

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-15-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will not make this event, we will be away that weekend.

I will keep track of those in attendance, and post the list.

Revised boat list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 12-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,
Count me in for the run,I ll take the
36. Should have 2 more on board.
See every one soon.
RICK
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather permitting. 2 bodies
Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FUNITHESUN
Weather permitting. 2 bodies
Which boat?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I will not make this event, we will be away that weekend.

I will keep track of those in attendance, and post the list.

By size, 1 confirmed, so far

50 Nortech / bobthebuilder / Marco Island
Thanks, for posting the attendees, Frank . You will be missed but we will hopefully see you on the next one or sooner.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 12-15-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

We will be there!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,
Count me in for the run,Providing no set back from my neck surgery healing? I will be in a 28 Active Thunder or a 29 Velocity? Looking forward to our first fun run, learning the ropes and joining this fine organization FMO.
I will have 3 or 4 on board. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dennis1009
Bob,
Count me in for the run,Providing no set back from my neck surgery healing? I will be in a 28 Active Thunder or a 29 Velocity? Looking forward to our first fun run, learning the ropes and joining this fine organization FMO.
I will have 3 or 4 on board. Thanks.
Welcome to FMO, Dennis. Go easy on the neck as we only have one of those !! Heal quickly and well.
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.