Fish and Game Police enforcing Noise pollution >

Fish and Game Police enforcing Noise pollution

Notices

Fish and Game Police enforcing Noise pollution

Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fish and Game Police enforcing Noise pollution

Met with the Officer today that gave us the noise warnings last week. They have permanately moored their boat at the SHYC for the rest of the season. The officer stated that they will be strictly enforcing the florida noise ordinance on the water. He stated that there have been hundreds of noise complaints up the entire intercoastal waterway and they are getting pressure from the state to enforce the rules. Florida states the boat cant be louder than 90db at 50 ft away at idle (or something close to that). Lee County however states its up to the discretion of the officer. The officer did state however that as long as powerboaters make some attempt at muffling the sound with a muffling device you should be left alone. They are looking for compliance not for arguments. Most of what I have witnessed so far was written warnings issued. The officer asked that I pass this on to anyone I can reach.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the cops are broke and looking for cash. I hear everyone running and I live 1 mile away from the river. I bet shell point harbor is the one complaining. your boat looked good running on thursday.

Last edited by northernoffshore; 02-26-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fun Police at their finest .
Our Tax Dollars at work .
Back home our Police want to hire more Police so they can spend hours nabbing drivers not coming to a complete stop in the middle of the day . How is this serving and protecting anyone ? Total BS .
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWC tries this crap every few years.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
I hear everyone running and I live 1 mile away from the river.
1 mile away across land and you don't think that's a problem?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Welcome to the Midwest, been doing this at LOTO for years. Really been cracking down lately. Been pulled over several times. Now running HPI mufflers, great luck so far. It was only a matter of time before Florida was going to get on board.

I do believe it sucks, but we have to live by their rules.....
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Nope!

Don't like the sound of planes don't live by the airport.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

So we went to the party cove after the Cumberland poker run. A bunch of young girls were laughing and screaming at us. I have to admit that I am slightly hard of hearing and of course with the loud exhaust noise I have no idea what they were saying. I have gotten to where I can read lips, well sort of. Best I can tell they were saying “your boat is an extension of your PE… “ just couldn’t quit make the last words. After sleeping on it I figure that what they were trying to say is “your boat is an extension of your personality”. I like it!!! So if my boat is an extension of my personality why isn’t the load exhaust covered under my freedom of speech?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
It isn't all the time and only when people are running hard with big motors. Where i live is sort of a peninsula by the causeway,between the gulf and the river, so it carries the sound more. I personally like it and don't care how loud the boats are. The harley guys are way louder and there is a lot more of them riding around here,not to mention the jets and helicopters that fly low all the time too.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the past I had some very loud boats. Now my stereo is the loudest part. I really don't miss it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.