Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Ft Myers Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore-186/)
-   -   FMO Overnight run to Sarasota - Saturday Jan 14 / 15, 2012 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore/263489-fmo-overnight-run-sarasota-saturday-jan-14-15-2012-a.html)

Bobthebuilder 10-04-2011 01:15 PM

FMO Overnight run to Sarasota - Saturday Jan 14 / 15, 2012

FMO Overnight run to Sarasota Saturday Jan 14 / 15, 2012

As a result of several requests for an overnight FMO club run to Sarasota, I can now report as follows:

The only date that I can seem to fit this in, is leaving Cape Coral on Saturday Jan 14th, 2012 with an overnight stay at the Hyatt and returning the next day. I have negotiated a room rate of $ 129.00 plus 12% tax on the rooms and $ 2.00 per ft. on boat slips. To get this rate I must book a minimum of 10 rooms within the next 10 days. ( by Thurs. Oct 13th ) The regular room rate for that date is $ 199.00 and $ 2.50 / ft on boat slips. The plan would be to leave the Sanibel Bridge at 10 AM on Jan. 14th and arrive around noon at the Hyatt. The distance is about 82 miles +/- and we can run offshore from Boca Grand Pass or ICW if rough out in the Gulf. They have a gorgeous pool area and we can relax and hang out for the afternoon. The group can then have dinner together and a party afterwards. Sunday we can return and make a stop for lunch before breaking up and heading home.

We have now moved beyond the time for “expressions of interest” and it is now time to “commit” to this if you want it to happen. If you want to sign up for this event, please send me a confirming e mail. Be prepared to confirm your room reservation with Hyatt using a credit card on or by Oct 13, 2011.

Thank you kindly,
Bob Barnhart

Link to the Hyatt's website: http://sarasota.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Bobthebuilder 10-04-2011 02:16 PM

The following are confirmed for the overnight run up to Sarasota.Looking good already. At some point I will lose the ability to edit this list and a new list will eventually be created below.

Bob Barnhart - Marco Island 2 rooms
Frank Fasulo - Pt Charlotte - 1 room
Robert Gillingham - Naples - 1 room
Nick Kamensky - Clearwater = 1 room
Paul Fishkind - Bonita - 1 room
Rob D'Angelo - FMB - 1 room
Stan & Inez Quinn - ON - 1 room
Eric & Keri - Ft Myers - 1 room
Don & Amanda - Cape Coral - 1 room
Marlene & Rusty Glover - 1 room
Bob Martin - Cape Coral - 1 room
Bob Burger - MI - 2 rooms
Bill & Lori Lemanskie - MI / FMB - 1 room
Don Messner - Cape Coral - 1 room
Jay & Annette Forbes - Cape Coral ( on boat )
Hans Haedelt - Marco Island - 1 room

We now have our first 17 rooms sold so THE EVENT IS CONFIRMED !! I have now blocked a total of 25 rooms and we will continue to take your reservations. Shaping up to be another great event.

Thank you for your support,

Bob

tax man 10-04-2011 08:46 PM

Keri and I are in

Thanks Bob

Maritime_Eng 10-05-2011 05:35 AM

Amanda and I are lookimg forward to this one!

CigDaze 10-05-2011 06:39 AM

This will be cool as heck. Can't wait. See y'all there.
:cool:

Bobthebuilder 10-05-2011 07:24 AM

Also Marlene and Rusty Glover have since confirmed.

I will provide everyone with the proper person to contact at the Hyatt to get the $ 129 rate either tonight or tomorrow.

Bob

rchevelle71 10-05-2011 09:02 AM

Nice run Bob,

The range is a little much for me(I could make it one way on a tank, but just barely), but look forward to doing a few others this year. Probably not going to make the one at the end of this month, as we will be running the west coast(sanibel north) a few weeks earlier Oct 15th. Gonna try to make the New Years, and Feb 4th. runs

bill63 10-05-2011 12:02 PM

Bob, We just booked our flight we are in... 1 room bill,lori,billy.

Bobthebuilder 10-05-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by bill63 (Post 3520324)
Bob, We just booked our flight we are in... 1 room bill,lori,billy.

Great Bill. I was hoping you would make it. Bob Burger is confirmed as well so we will be looking for good representation from Michigan !! LOL See you soon.

Bob

peterj 10-06-2011 07:24 PM

Sue and I are in for this trip,need 3 rooms. Pete