Hey guys/gals new to the ft myers area >

Hey guys/gals new to the ft myers area

Notices

Hey guys/gals new to the ft myers area

Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys/gals new to the ft myers area

hey guys just thought i would introduce myself as im relocating from southern california to cape coral in less then a month.my names Bryce. im trying to figure out where the boating hot spots and hangouts are in our area as im new to town. i have a sanger ally cat with twin v8 outboards sorry dont have many pics on this computer but heres one for starters. wont have the boat out there until febuary or so tho. any help or guidance would be appreciated thanks

Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SSMOKINY2KSS
hey guys just thought i would introduce myself as im relocating from southern california to cape coral in less then a month.my names Bryce. im trying to figure out where the boating hot spots and hangouts are in our area as im new to town. i have a sanger ally cat with twin v8 outboards sorry dont have many pics on this computer but heres one for starters. wont have the boat out there until febuary or so tho. any help or guidance would be appreciated thanks

We just moved to the Cape 3 months ago from the midwest (Lake of Ozarks) and have been out in the boat 3-4 times so far, I've been working on the house, but it's done now, so it's boating time.
There's a powerboat club in this area, FMO Ft. Myers Offshore, they are on here and have their own web-site, I would suggest maybe joining and you should meet some boaters pretty soon.

Wish I could help you with the boating spots, but we're just finding them now ourselves, we were out and about this past Saturday and ran into some of the FMO guys, nice guys.

Anyway, that's about all I know, when you get down here give us a shout, we'll be going out, FMO has some runs coming up, check them out on the web-site.

Nice looking cat, and by the way, there's all kind of boats (V-hull and cats) in FMO, so you're boat will fit right in.

Good luck with the move, maybe see ya soon, we live down by Rumrunners and if you don't know where that is you will real quick, see ya, Jim (aka joey)
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

+1 on rumrunners. Welcome to the cape. I'm a boater down here. Some good restaurants on the water. I like going out and anchoring up and swimming and enjoying music. Good spots are a small island in the river near downtown ft myers. Usually cool people there. Just south of miserable mile is another island for hanging out. Out in front of lani Kai on ft myers beach. Cayo costa. These are the ones I generally frequent. Cayo costa being furthest but not real far. Looking forward to running to the keys and Bahamas.

I've been down here since 2010. So I've been learning. Not part of fmo because I don't have the speed to keep up yet. Not fun being slowest in the bunch. Hahaha.

Any questions or just Lookin to have a beer hit me up. I know good food in the cape. Also if you have a bike we can ride those. I'm a lil further north than Joey right by cape hospital on a canal. No bridges. If you like layed back life, you'll like the cape.

Also my wife and I relocated from so cal. Huntington Beach.

Mike
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome to the area. It is a great place to boat. There are many places to go by boat, but some of my wife's and my favorite places are Big Game/ Salty Sams, Nervous Nellies, Barnicle Phils, Woody's and Run Runners.

Like they said above, Join FMO and come to the next run. You will meet alot of people from the area.

Don
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Sounds like Don and Amanda might just like a place that has cold beer. Hey we have the same thing in common. We should hang out with you guys too. Great place for boating and being able to do it 12 months a year is awesome. Great bunch of people to hang with. Join FMO for some fun and meeting new people.

Brad