Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Ft Myers Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore-186/)
-   -   Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. April 20th fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore/294441-roll-call-info-fmo-sat-april-20th-fun-run-burnt-store-cayo-costa-beach.html)

Bobthebuilder 04-11-2013 03:00 PM

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. April 20th fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach

Anytime we gave been to Burnt Store Marina / Porto Bello Restaurant we have been very well received and look forward to our return again on our April 20th run before heading over to Cayo Costa for the rest of the afternoon. They have reserved the covered outside patio area for our group which is a great setting for our lunch. (Please note the destination change from our previous plans to stop at Barnacle Phil's)

If you are planning on attending this event, please let me know by 3 PM Thursday, April 18th as the restaurant must order our food and plan for our arrival in advance. You may e mail me, or post up on our event thread on OSO. Attending Captains should read this information carefully to minimize any confusion.

This event is free of charge to FMO club members so come out and have a great day on the water with like minded powerboat enthusiasts.

If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Burnt Store and joining us for lunch, club members are most welcome to do so. Please be sure to let me know, so sufficient food can be arranged for.

Route:

Our starting point will once again be the south side of the Sanibel Bridge. Boats should assemble around 10:45 am and we will leave by 11:00 AM sharp.

Since it is approaching high tide about the time of our departure, we will travel north to Burnt Store via Matlacha to Charlotte Harbor and into Burt Store. The ride thru the Matlacha Channel which we have now done several times, adds an element of interest to our run. I will lead the way in my Donzi. We will need to stay in single file until we reach Charlotte Harbor where there is room to spread out. About 2:30 PM after lunch, we will depart Burnt Store and head west across the open waters of Charlotte Harbor, pick up the ICW and head south to the beach at Cayo Costa. There we can relax and hang out for a while before heading home. While many of our members have been to Cayo Costa, this will be the clubs first visit as a group.

Membership information:

All vessels participating in FMO events are required to carry insurance and have a club membership. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and if you have not yet renewed your membership for 2013, or are new and wanting to join the club, you may do so online. Go to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and click on “membership”. You may also renew at any event during the lunch stop. There is no change in membership fees. If you are a current member we will only need basic information as it is already on file unless there have been changes. People tell me all the time what a great thing FMO has going on here and it can only continue if you continue to show your support for your club. A current copy of your vessel insurance information should be e mailed to me at the address below and I will forward on to FMO board member Eric Belisle who is tracking that on behalf of the club.

Fuel / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge to Burnt Store to Cayo Costa and back to the start should be about 65 miles maximum, so not a very long run. Burnt Store Marina has 89 octane fuel. 93 octane is very difficult to find these days so please leave with a full tank if you use high octane fuel.

Food:

The Porto Bello Restaurant will be serving us lunch from a limited menu at a cost of $ 20.00 including tax and gratuity. Children 12 and under will be half price. We will be offered Chicken Caesar Salad / Fish Sandwich / Chicken Breast Sandwich / Pasta ( Rigatoni ). Also included are soft drinks, water, coffee.

Communication:

Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. My cell number is 239 776 0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time either waiting or looking for you. Leave a voicemail if no answer.

Pictures:

Club photographer Jay Nichols (OSO Jayboat) will be aboard my Donzi capturing as many pictures of your boats as possible during the coarse of the day. Please be sure to come alongside us for your picture, other than when running single file thru Matlacha of coarse. No need to get too close with Jay’s lense capabilities. Later, Jay will post as many pictures of your boats on our OSO event thread as he can and I will send out links where they can be found.

Tide Information:

Marco River LT: 3:53 AM; HT: 10:38 AM; LT: 4:13 PM
Estero Bay LT: 4:15 AM; HT: 11:06 AM; LT: 4:34 PM
Sanibel Bridge (Punta Rassa) LT: 3:36 AM; HT: 10:52 AM; LT: 3:55 PM
Cape Coral Bridge LT:6:57 AM; HT: 1:00 PM; LT: 7:16 PM
Punta Gorda LT: 6:27 AM; HT: 1:04 PM; LT: 6:34 PM
Matlacha LT: 6:23 AM; HT: 12:36 PM; LT: 6:42 PM

Waypoints:

Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25
Naples ( Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Where Intercoastal meets Boca Grande - N 26 42 88; W 82 14 62
Entrance to Burnt Store Marina - N 26 45 40; W 82 04 10

Weather & Sea Conditions:

To be posted on the OSO event thread, 5 days prior to the run and updated daily referencing The Weather Channel and NOAA.

Safety:

Each boat Captain is required to operate his vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety.
When running in the Intra Coastal Waterway ( ICW ) please be aware that this can be a high traffic area and we ask that other boats be given a wide berth and that the rules of the road ( waterway ) be adhered to.

Bob - US cell: 239 776 0481, CAN cell 1 519 498 6945 or e mail: [email protected]

Bobthebuilder 04-11-2013 03:01 PM

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website:http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website:http://www.nor-techboats.com/Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone:847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

John Elwood, Jr Realtor - 4707 SE 9th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33904 Cell 239-229-9904 Toll free - 877-542-1075 Fax - 239-542-7166 E mail - [email protected]

Punta Gorda Marina - full service marina under new ownership. Craig & Shelli Massey. Business - 941 639 2750

Total Dollar Florida Marina Bay Yacht Club & Resort, 2525 Marina Bay Drive West, Suite #204, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312-2307 Buzz Fyhrie, Insurance Agent,
Toll Free # 1-888-327-8467, Phone # 1-954-583-5558, Fax # 1-954-583-8556, E-Mail: [email protected] , Website:www.totaldollarflorida.com

Eric & Keri Belisle, ( OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

senza 04-12-2013 11:15 AM

could not make the Easter run, but we sure are looking forward to this one, 4 of us Bob, Betsy, Ryan and Becky

Bobthebuilder 04-12-2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by senza (Post 3904192)
could not make the Easter run, but we sure are looking forward to this one, 4 of us Bob, Betsy, Ryan and Becky

Great Bob. I have a few e mail entries as well and will get a list started sometime over the weekend. See you next Saturday.

Bob

314joey 04-13-2013 08:58 AM

We're "IN" (2) wanting to check out Cayo.

Catastrophe 04-13-2013 09:26 AM

Bob

Vic is going

So am I

GNM 04-13-2013 04:13 PM

Gar and Phyllis are in.

Bobthebuilder 04-14-2013 02:33 PM

April 20th fun run participant list at April 14th:

43' Nor Tech CC / Alec Cloke / Ontario; Cape Coral

39’ Sutphen / Vic Priestly / Ontario; Cape Coral

38’ Donzi / Bob Barnhart / Ontario; Marco Island

38’ Awesome cat / Bob & Betsy MacDonald / New Port Richey; Cape Coral

36' Nor Tech cat / Pierre & Meghan Brousseau / Ontario; Cape Coral

35’ Formula / Jim & Terri Piper / Cape Coral

33' Fountain / Gar & Phyllis Menafee / Punta Gorda

32’ Spectre / Eric and Keri Belisle / Ft. Myers

bill63 04-16-2013 09:01 AM

We're trying stuck up here in Michigan don't count us out yet !!

Bobthebuilder 04-16-2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by bill63 (Post 3906655)
We're trying stuck up here in Michigan don't count us out yet !!

With all the crappy weather up north Bill, I'm sure you are hoping to find a flight. I'm out of here tomorrow and can't wait for some Florida sunshine. See you soon I hope.

Bob