Ft. Myers Offshore announces it's 2013 / 14 Fun Run Schedule

Notices

Ft. Myers Offshore announces it's 2013 / 14 Fun Run Schedule

Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ft. Myers Offshore announces it's 2013 / 14 Fun Run Schedule

The Ft. Myers Offshore Board of Directors is pleased to announce the clubs event schedule for the coming season. We are hoping to build further on our clubs achievements over the past several years. We will once again do 6 events between October and April. We would like to thank those of you that have provided input into the schedule and hope you will like what we have put together. You will see that there are a couple of nice changes from years past.
Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the water before too long now.

Bob, Hans, Bill, Eric, Don, John and Stan

2013 / 14 FMO Event Schedule

Sat. Oct. 12 / 13 - event #1 - Beach day at Cayo Costa. En route we will make a 1 hr. stop at possibly Cabbage Key or Barnacle Phil’s for a drink and appetizers. We will bring our own lunch and beverages to our afternoon at the beach.

Sat. Nov. 23 / 13 - event # 2 - Our traditional Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run. (Note: this is the first of two designated fund raising events in our season to support our student scholarship fund) Our destination is Laishley’s Crab House (new destination) in Punta Gorda. http://www.laishleycrabhouse.com

Sat. Dec. 28 / 13 - event # 3 - Our traditional holiday season Fun Run to C.J’s on the Bay, Esplanade Complex, Marco Island. Note: in the event of inclement weather, our rain date will be Jan. 1 / 14, New Years Day. http://www.cjsonthebay.com/restaurants.php?rid=4

Fri. Jan. 31 to Sun. Feb. 2 / 14 - event # 4 - FMO annual weekend trip to the Hyatt in Sarasota. Reservations will be accepted only after October 10 / 13. Complete itinerary and costs will be circulated and posted in early October. http://sarasota.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Sat. March 1 / 14 - event # 5 - Fun Run to Porto Bello restaurant at Burnt Store. Buffet on the covered patio as last year. Note: this will be the second of our two annual fund raising events to support our student scholarship fund. http://www.burntstoremarina.com/port...m#.Ufm53RZc8qY

Sat. April 5 / 14 - event # 6 - FMO season ending finale. Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort and optional trip to the beach at Keewaydin island after lunch. http://www.naplesbayresort.com/marina/

Notes:

1) All events meet and start from the south side of the Sanibel Bridge at 11 AM except for the run to Sarasota which will start at 10 AM.
2) Roll call and details of each event are sent out to the membership by e mail approximately 10 days prior to the event date. Details are also posted on FMO's Facebook page and on an event thread in our forum on OSO.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 08-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Bob, is the thanksgiving run on the 23rd (Saturday before Thanksgiving Day)? I only ask because it's normally the Saturday right after Thanksgiving which falls on November 28th this year. We spoke to Hans this afternoon and he was surprised when we asked him this. Just wondering if it's correct or maybe a typo. Hope your boat is ok. Let me know of you need any help.

Kevin
Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Bob, is the thanksgiving run on the 23rd (Saturday before Thanksgiving Day)? I only ask because it's normally the Saturday right after Thanksgiving which falls on November 28th this year. We spoke to Hans this afternoon and he was surprised when we asked him this. Just wondering if it's correct or maybe a typo. Hope your boat is ok. Let me know of you need any help.

Kevin
I do not know how this happened Kevin or why we did not catch it before now but you are right, we have published an incorrect date for that run. I can confirm that our Thanksgiving run is once again the Saturday following Thanksgiving which is the 30th of November NOT the 23rd. I will be speaking with Laishley's Crab House on Monday and see what date they have us down for.

Bob

Bob
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Can I get some details on the Thanksgiving run? What I would need to do to join, area of launch and things like that. Me and the GF are looking at doing this run hopefully.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Can I get some details on the Thanksgiving run? What I would need to do to join, area of launch and things like that. Me and the GF are looking at doing this run hopefully.

Thanks guys.
It's easy just go on the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) web-site and join, I did it when we joined two years ago and if i can do it, it must be easy, there's several different types of levels you can join as, pick on, fill out the info and provide your boat insurance info and you're in, hope to see you soon.

If there's any problem Bob or someone else will get with you, I'm there's a spot for your e-mail and phone number on the form.

Last edited by 314joey; 11-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
It's easy just go on the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) web-site and join, I did it when we joined two years ago and if i can do it, it must be easy, there's several different types of levels you can join as, pick on, fill out the info and provide your boat insurance info and you're in, hope to see you soon.

If there's any problem Bob or someone else will get with you, I'm there's a spot for your e-mail and phone number on the form.
Sounds good.

Hoping to make that one if not we are in for the new years run for sure but this would be a nice one for us to do as we got nothing going on for the holiday.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Bob,why not add the Charlotte County Grand Prix offshore race april 13th as the final run of the year ! Its the first annual race off manasota key/stump pass great offshore races.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by salty dog
Hi Bob,why not add the Charlotte County Grand Prix offshore race april 13th as the final run of the year ! Its the first annual race off manasota key/stump pass great offshore races.
I can take a look at that Salty Dog. While the schedule has been made up and published, it does not mean that additional events can't be added if there is support for it. The two issues I see are it being just one week following our finale to Naples and once we get into April attendance starts to drop off as many are turning their thoughts and activities northward etc. I should add that my plate is full and I would look for another board member that may have an interest in an event like that to put it together. We will see what comes of this. Thanks, as we always welcome new ideas and suggestions to make the club better and more interesting.

Bob
Old 11-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I can take a look at that Salty Dog. While the schedule has been made up and published, it does not mean that additional events can't be added if there is support for it. The two issues I see are it being just one week following our finale to Naples and once we get into April attendance starts to drop off as many are turning their thoughts and activities northward etc. I should add that my plate is full and I would look for another board member that may have an interest in an event like that to put it together. We will see what comes of this. Thanks, as we always welcome new ideas and suggestions to make the club better and more interesting.

Bob
We are going to try and make it down for the Race Event (on Sunday), and I know they were looking for Support Boats (pace boats, patrol, etc) If anyone is interested, I can forward the info.

Bob, just sent my yearly payment thru. We will see y'all on the Sat New Years run!