Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. March 1st. fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach >

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. March 1st. fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach

Notices

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. March 1st. fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach

Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. March 1st. fun run to Burnt Store and Cayo Costa Beach

Anytime we have been to Burnt Store Marina / Porto Bello Restaurant we have been very well received and look forward to our return again on our March 1st fun run before heading over to the beach at Cayo Costa for the rest of the afternoon. We have reserved the entire covered outside patio area for our group which is a great setting for our lunch.

Attending Captains should read this information carefully to minimize any confusion.

This is our last fund raising event of the season to help fund our Ft. Myers Offshore student scholarship program. We are asking that each participating boat donate a minimum flat rate of $100.00 towards this cause. The preferred method of payment if you have a PayPal account is to go to our website at www.ftmyersoffshore.org , and click on “ Donations “. Alternatively we can take cash or a check made out to FMO at the lunch stop. In addition we will be selling 50/50 raffle tickets at lunch as well as club shirts and hats etc. as part of our fund raising efforts. Come out and have a great day on the water and lets show our support for worthy Lee and Collier County students in need of financial help to enter university or college. To date FMO has provided over $ 83,000.00 in financial assitance to dozens of students since we began our program. This year we are in a position to award a record number of scholarships in the next few months adding to that total.

If you are planning on attending this event, please let me know by 3 PM Thursday, February 27th. as the restaurant must order our food and plan for our arrival in advance. You may e mail me, or post up on our event thread on OSO.

If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Burnt Store and joining us for lunch, club members are most welcome to do so. Please be sure to let me know, so sufficient food can be arranged for.

Route:

Our starting point will once again be the south side of the Sanibel Bridge. Boats should assemble around 10:45 am and we will leave by 11:00 AM sharp.

While I expect the main group will head up the ICW, any boats wanting to run offshore if conditions are good are welcome to do so. When we go up the ICW there is a marked chanel on the backside ( east side ) of Useppa Island that will take you out into Charlotte Harbor and save several miles off the ICW route that runs up to Boca Grande Pass. Just make sure you stay within the channel and you will be fine. If unsure, then just fall in behind me.

We will have our 50 / 50 draw about 2:15 ish and then depart at our leisure. Some of us will cross Charlotte Harbor and hang out at the beach at Cayo Costa for a while before heading home. All are welcome.

Anyone choosing to head back to their home port or points south can safely navigate either the ICW back or alternatively the Matlacha Channel as high tide is at 3:06 PM.

Membership information:

All vessels participating in FMO events are required to carry insurance and have a club membership. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and if you have not yet renewed your membership for 2014, or are new and wanting to join the club, you may do so online. Go to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and click on “membership”. You may also renew at any event during the lunch stop. There is no change in membership fees. People tell me all the time what a great thing FMO has going on here and it can only continue if you continue to show your support for your club. A current copy of your vessel insurance information should be e mailed to me at the address below or alternatively to FMO board member Eric Belisle [email protected] who is tracking that on behalf of the club.

Fuel / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge to Burnt Store to Cayo Costa and back to the start should be about 60 miles maximum, so not a very long run. Burnt Store Marina has 89 octane fuel. 93 octane is very difficult to find these days so please leave with a full tank if you use high octane fuel.

Food:

The Porto Bello Restaurant will be serving us a buffet lunch at a cost of $ 20.00 including tax and gratuity. Children 12 and under will be half price. Also included are soft drinks, water, coffee.

Communication:

Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. My cell number is 239 776 0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time either waiting or looking for you. Leave a voicemail if no answer.

Pictures:

Club photographer Jay Nichols (OSO Jayboat) will be aboard one of our club member boats ( not sure which boat just yet ) capturing as many pictures as possible during the coarse of the day. Please be sure to come alongside for your picture, and no need to get too close with Jay’s lense capabilities. Later, Jay will post as many pictures on our OSO event thread as he can and I will eventually send out links to where they can be found.

Tide Information:

Note the low morning tide in all areas. Can you get your boat off the lift ?

Marco River LT: 7:01 AM; HT: 1:15 PM; LT: 7:16 PM
Estero Bay LT: 7:05 AM; HT: 1:25 PM; LT: 6:59 PM
Sanibel Bridge (Punta Rassa) LT: 6:51 AM; HT: 1:22 PM; LT: 6:45 PM
Cape Coral Bridge LT:10:12 AM; HT: 3:38 PM; LT: 10:06 PM
Punta Gorda LT: 9:31 AM; HT: 3:36 PM; LT: 9:31 PM
Matlacha LT: 9:38 AM; HT: 3:06 PM; LT: 9:32 PM

Waypoints:

Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25
Naples ( Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Where Intercoastal meets Boca Grande - N 26 42 88; W 82 14 62
Entrance to Burnt Store Marina - N 26 45 40; W 82 04 10

Weather & Sea Conditions:

To be posted on the OSO event thread, 5 days prior to the run and updated daily referencing The Weather Channel and NOAA.

Safety:

Each boat Captain is required to operate his vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety.
When running in the Intra Coastal Waterway ( ICW ) please be aware that this can be a high traffic area and we ask that other boats be given a wide berth and that the rules of the road ( waterway ) be adhered to.

Next FMO event:

After our March 1st event, our season ending finale will on Saturday April 5th. We are returning to the gorgeous facilities at Naples Bay Resort on Naples Bay where we will have a buffet lunch before finishing out the afternoon at the beach at Keewaydin Island, between Naples and Marco.

Bob - cell: 239 776 0481, e mail: [email protected]
Old 02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors and donors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website:http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty
, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website:http://www.nor-techboats.com/Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone:847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

John Elwood, Jr Realtor - 4707 SE 9th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33904 Cell 239-229-9904 Toll free - 877-542-1075 Fax - 239-542-7166 E mail - [email protected]

Renegade Powerboats, 1101 East 52nd St; Hialeah, FL 33013 Phone - 305-687-3700 E mail - [email protected] Contact person - Nery Website - http://www.renegadepowerboats.com/contact.cfm

Island Yacht Sales - Joe Cassel, 100 Main Street, # 3, Ft. Myers Beach, FL 33931
Ph - 239-980-0728 E mail: [email protected] Website: www.islandyachtsales.net

Statement Marine, 6101 45th Street North, Unit 4, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Sales, Craig Barrie - 954-614-2591 E mail: [email protected] Factory-727-525-5235 Website: www.statementmarine.com

Dave & Sue Dudek Family. Michigan / Florida

Eric & Keri Belisle, ( OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

John O'Neil Family, Atlanta. GA

Eddie Poirier, Pembroke, ON

Ken Jensen, Toronto, ON

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-19-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Nancy and I are in on our boat. We will have 8 people onboard. After all of this snow and cold weather up here, I am REALLY looking forward to it!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Bob we are in also... Can't wait
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

See updated participant list below

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-22-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Bob-

It looks like we will be able to make this one! The boat is not finished yet but it is useable!

Don and Amanda
Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Hi Bob-

It looks like we will be able to make this one! The boat is not finished yet but it is useable!

Don and Amanda
Great Don. We look forward to seeing you and Amanda.

Bob
Old 02-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob I'm in with 7 people on board
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob
We have a bunch of Crazy Cannucks comming down to join us on the run.I will get you a head count ASAP.
Thanks
Pierre
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by p.brousseau
Hey Bob
We have a bunch of Crazy Cannucks comming down to join us on the run.I will get you a head count ASAP.
Thanks
Pierre
Uh, oh. Thanks for the warning, Pierre. LOL If it gets crowded let me know and Raymond can run my Nor Tech again and I'll run the Renegade CC. Going to be another fun event.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.