Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Ft Myers Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore-186/)
-   -   Info / roll call for FMO Sat. April 4 / 15 fun run & “cook out” at Cayo Costa Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ft-myers-offshore/324483-info-roll-call-fmo-sat-april-4-15-fun-run-%93cook-out%94-cayo-costa-beach.html)

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2015 07:48 PM

Info / roll call for FMO Sat. April 4 / 15 fun run & “cook out” at Cayo Costa Beach

With our FMO season soon winding down, what could be better than us getting together at the beach at Cayo Costa. So the plan is to not only have a beach day, but to get a number of charcoal grills together and barbeque up our favorite dishes on the beach. Can't wait until we light up the grills with chicken, sausage, ribs, shrimp, hot dogs or burgers all nicely done. It will be everyones responsibility to bring along their own food and grill as well as any salads, condiments and paper plates etc. Do not worry if you do not have your own grill as I expect there will be plenty of them there and a willingness to share.

If you are planning on attending this event, please let me know by Thursday evening, April 2nd so we have an idea who all is coming. We will publish a list of attending boats as usual on the clubs event thread on OSO. Last minute entries are fine as well and no head count is required as we are not going to a restaurant this time. You may e mail me, or post up on the OSO event thread. Attending Captains should read this information carefully to minimize any confusion.

This event is free of charge to paid up FMO club members so come out and have a great day on the water and at the beach with like minded powerboat enthusiasts. So lets all head out to Cayo Costa for a great day at the beach with our FMO friends.

Start / Finish:

We will meet on the south side of the Sanibel Bridge and leave by 11:00 AM sharp. As always the completion of the fun run is on our arrival at our lunch stop, in this case Cayo Costa Beach. Later in the afternoon boats will depart on their own accord at a time that suits them. It is common for small groups of boats to leave together for home or points elsewhere.

Route:

I will act as the pace boat taking the group up the Intra Coastal Waterway (ICW) to Cayo Costa. Any boats wanting to run offshore and meet us at Cayo Costa are welcome to do so. I expect we will arrive at the beach about 11:45 AM.
I will run with the yellow flag up the first couple of miles until we pass under the westerly span of the Sanibel Causeway at which point I will lower the flag and the pace boat may be passed. Everyone can set their own comfortable pace. Please be aware that the ICW can be busy and as always, we need to respect others using the waterway giving them a wide berth. Just a word of caution: We sometimes see boats “cutting the corners” outside the marked ICW channel and causes us concern that following boats that may not have “ local knowledge ” could have a deeper draft and find themselves in trouble. I would try and avoid that for the sake of any that may be visiting from outside the area and following along. Our run will take place at mid tide, still a time to be careful.

Membership information:

All vessels participating in FMO events are required to have a club membership and provide proof of insurance. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and if you have not yet renewed your membership, or are new and wanting to join the club, you may do so online. Your membership will be good until Dec 31, 2015. Just go to www.ftmyersoffshore.com and click on “Membership” where you can provide your info and pay using PayPal or alternatively download the form and mail it in. You may also join / renew at any event during the lunch stop however it saves us time if done online.
A current copy of your vessel insurance information should be e mailed to FMO board member Eric Belisle at [email protected] or to me at the address below and I will forward on to Eric.

Fuel / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge to Cayo Costa and back to the start should be about 60 miles maximum, so not a very long run. 93 octane is very difficult to find these days so please leave with a full tank if you use high octane fuel.

Food:

Lunch: As mentioned in the pre amble above we will be preparing our own lunches. If you are wanting do something a bit easier, feel free to bring along your own lunch and beverages to be had at your convenience at the Cayo Costa beach stop.

Communication:

Inter boat communication will be on VHF channel 72. My cell number is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time either waiting or looking for you. Leave a voicemail if no answer.

Tide Information:

Marco Island: LT - 7:59 AM; HT - 1:45 PM; LT - 8:13 PM
Naples Bay: LT - 8:04 AM; HT - 1:40 PM; LT - 8:28 PM
Estero Bay: LT - 7:34 AM; HT - 1:39 PM; LT - 8:16 PM
Punta Rassa: LT - 7:20 AM; HT - 1:36 PM; 8:02 PM
Cape Coral Bridge: LT - 10:41 AM; HT - 3:52 PM
Pine Island Sound LT - 8:19 AM; HT - 1:51 PM; LT - 9:01 PM

Waypoints:

Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25
Naples ( Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Cayo Costa beach: N 26 41 03; W 82 14 37

Weather & Sea Conditions:

To be posted on the OSO event thread, 5 days prior to the run and updated if the forecast changes, referencing The Weather Channel and NOAA Marine Weather.

Safety:

Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety. Lifejackets should be worn by all on board.
When running in the Intra Coastal Waterway (ICW) please be aware that this can be a high traffic area and we ask that the boating public be given a wide berth and that the rules of the road (waterway) be adhered to.

Bob - cell: 239-776-0481or e mail: [email protected]

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2015 07:48 PM

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors and individual / family donors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club's student scholarship fund:

Corporate sponsors:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website:http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/Contact:Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470Website:http://www.nor-techboats.com/Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone:847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

John Ellwood, Realtor - Miloff Aubuchon Realty Group, 4707 SE 9th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33904 Cell 239-229-9904 Office 239-542-1075
Fax - 239-542-7166 E mail - [email protected]

Renegade Powerboats, 1101 East 52nd St; Hialeah, FL 33013 Phone - 305-687-3700 E mail - [email protected] Contact person - Nery Website - http://www.renegadepowerboats.com/contact.cfm

Island Yacht Sales - Joe Cassel, 100 Main Street, # 3, Ft. Myers Beach, FL 33931
Ph - 239-980-0728 E mail: [email protected] Website: www.islandyachtsales.net

Statement Marine, 6101 45th Street North, Unit 4, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Sales, Craig Barrie - 954-614-2591 E mail: [email protected] Factory-727-525-5235 Website: www.statementmarine.com

Page Marine Group, 18901 San Carlos Blvd; Ft. Myers, FL 33912 Phone - 239-481-8400 E mail - [email protected]

Individual & family sponsor / donors:

Dave & Sue Dudek Family. Michigan / Florida

Eric & Kerri Belisle, Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

John O'Neil Family, Atlanta. GA

Eddie Poirier, Pembroke, ON

Ken Jensen, Toronto, ON

Jeff Devolin / Birchpoint Marina, Ontario, CAN

Ben & Carrie Payne, Ft. Myers, FL

OCDACTIVE 03-26-2015 08:18 PM

I will be there on OCD. Please feel free to message me with any questions or concerns. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!! Thank you Bob for you leadership!

bill63 03-26-2015 08:34 PM

We will be there

Maritime_Eng 03-27-2015 07:31 AM

Amanda and I will be there!

pokerrundiva 03-27-2015 10:10 AM

Jim and I will be there. thank you.

erik1976 03-27-2015 01:42 PM

Deb and I will be there!!

Bobthebuilder 03-27-2015 04:32 PM

11 boats registered already. I will get a participant list up sometime Saturday.

Bob

Bobthebuilder 03-28-2015 10:23 AM

11 confirmed participants to this date:

42' Fountain / Jim & Kelli Agles / Cape Coral

39’ Nor Tech CC / Bill & Lori Lemanske / Michigan; FMB

39’ Nor Tech CC / Ryan & Christine McClay / Cape Coral & ON

38’ Donzi CC / Rob & Laura D’Angelo / FMB & MI

34’ Nor Tech CC / John O’Neil / Atlanta, Georgia

34’ Nor Tech CC / Brian & Jill Hoag / Ontario

34’ Nor Tech CC / Erik & Deborah Thomsen / Cape Coral & ON

32’ Renegade CC / Bob Barnhart / Marco island & ON

32’ Spectre / Neal Kirby / Cape Coral

31' Formula / Tim Hill / Ft Myers Beach ( new member ) Welcome to FMO Tim !

30’ Doug Wright / Don & Amanda Gardner / Cape Coral

28’ Active Thunder / Scott & Susie Verdonck / Cape Coral

bill63 03-28-2015 05:39 PM

Looks like a Nortech convention !!!