Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attention Potomac River Boaters!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100073-attention-potomac-river-boaters.html)

OldSchool 04-06-2005 04:59 PM

Attention Potomac River Boaters!!

I had my first day of boating today, but not in my boat. I moved a friend of mine's cabin cruiser from where it was stored for the winter (South of Occaquan) up to the DC waterfront.

CAUTION

Do not go boating this weekend if you don't want to have a bad start to your season!!!!! The river is a mess. There are whole trees with the root systems stil attached floating down the river and HUGE debris fields. I made it all the way without incident....but it wasn't a fun day on the river!! :drink: :drink:

Surgin' General 04-06-2005 05:12 PM

Re: Attention Potomac River Boaters!!

thanks craig....

a friend was just considering moving his 28 sea ray up from Prince Willam to Columbia Island this weekend. I raised the debris question but this may seal the deal for a no-go.

MiamiVice 04-06-2005 08:13 PM

So you didn't see any dead bodies floating down river from local DC BOYZ shootouts!

dreamboater 04-06-2005 08:33 PM

I guess not a good weekend to test the new props and setup on the 28 Skater or 37 Outerlimits??

OldSchool 04-06-2005 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I guess not a good weekend to test the new props and setup on the 28 Skater or 37 Outerlimits??

It might be better down your part of the river Wayne, but I won't be going out!!!! :cool:

OldSchool 04-08-2005 01:56 PM

t t t

Dave M 04-08-2005 02:25 PM

It's not too bad down south. I put in at Goose Bay on Weds. and there was not much floating in the water.

dreamboater 04-08-2005 02:29 PM

The Skater will not be ready, hopefully the Outerlimits will be ready. Atleast we can take something out :cool:

masher44 04-08-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
I had my first day of boating today, but not in my boat. I moved a friend of mine's cabin cruiser from where it was stored for the winter (South of Occaquan) up to the DC waterfront.

CAUTION

Do not go boating this weekend if you don't want to have a bad start to your season!!!!! The river is a mess. There are whole trees with the root systems stil attached floating down the river and HUGE debris fields. I made it all the way without incident....but it wasn't a fun day on the river!! :drink: :drink:

Was it pieces of JC Perf's latest motor he was testing there? :evilb:

OldSchool 04-08-2005 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Was it pieces of JC Perf's latest motor he was testing there? :evilb:

Yep!!! Damn floating duct tape clogged the water intakes and overheated the engines!!!! :D :D :D :D