Grand Lake O' The Cherokees  OK >

Grand Lake O' The Cherokees OK

Notices

Grand Lake O' The Cherokees OK

Old 04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
Question Grand Lake O' The Cherokees OK

We're planning a trip to Grand lake this coming Memorial Day and are looking for some more information on the area.

Basically what to do and see (or not to do) by boat in the area.

We'll be staying at Lee's resort in Grove with 5 boats and 6 families so It ought to be a lot of fun!!!

Thanks,

Doug
Old 04-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Grand Lake O' The Cherokees OK

Grand is a wonderful lake. We have several members on the board who can help you. Let us know what you are looking for. Family type stuff, Night life, with/without young kids. I'm sure we can help make you trip a great experience.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Grand is a wonderful lake. We have several members on the board who can help you. Let us know what you are looking for. Family type stuff, Night life, with/without young kids. I'm sure we can help make you trip a great experience.

We're basically looking for ALL of the above...we'll have 10 children with us ranging from 6 years old to 17 so we need some family type stuff, but we'll also be able to leave them at the campground at times so the adults can have some fun also.

Doug
Old 04-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Lee is up by Megan's cove.If so you can go over to Woodard hollow to hang out which is only a couple of miles away,It is a quite cove where alot of grove people go tie up during the day. Or you can come down to dripping springs. It wi more like 10 miles or so. ALOT more people, alittle wilder but a great time. that is where most of us will be. There are also a couple of Rest/bars down that way to hang out at. At night we will all be at Duck Creek, which has several yacht clubs and marinas with bars.Duck creek is straight across from dripping springs. There is also Monkey Island which has Shangra La resort and a couple of Rest/bars. I'm sure we'll meet you at one of these places.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

42MTI hit it right!

Dripping Springs - Grand Lakes 'Party Cove'

www.gldrippingsprings.com

Woodard Hollow, across from Shangra-La, alittle milder and more of a family area.

Both areas will be packed on Memorial - Barring the traditional Memorial Day RAINS
Old 04-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have Fun!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered

Bring swim suits, hats, gloves, parkas and raincoats. LOL! It will either be 90* or 40* and raining.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eyezlee
Bring swim suits, hats, gloves, parkas and raincoats. LOL! It will either be 90* or 40* and raining.

It better not be 40 and raining!!!! That's why we leave Wisconsin for two weeks every Memorial day!!!!

Last year we went to LOTO and the air temp was in the high 80's and the water temp was 79.

The year before we went to Kentucky lake and the temps were in the low 80's

So basically we've been spoiled the last two trips, I did however get a full camper enclosure made for our Checkmate. Kindof looks like the "pope mobile" but it will keep us warm and dry

By the way, how rough does it get?? The smallest boat in our party is a 19' Larson with a 4.3...

Thanks,

Doug
Old 04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Near the outlet of Duck Creek into the main lake it gets ROUGH, especially on holiday weekends. Calmer up where you will be around Grove. You'll be OK if you go slow, but there will be plenty of 40+ foot cruisers and motoryachts going in and out of Duck Creek to Dripping Springs, and when you put all those wakes together you get a washtub effect of big waves coming in all directions. I'm sure others will chime in, but I'd say leave the 19' at home, or stay on the Dripping side of the lake when you get down around Duck Creek, and go SLOW.

I would also recommend a Grand Lake chartbook. They just redid all the depth measurements and it's a good thing to have if you don't know the lake (there are several underwater obstructions at various points, depending on where you plan to go on the lake). You can get one at any marina on the lake.

Hope to see you in Dripping.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

There are some photos of the lake on my site. Put a few up of Dripping Springs in Sept. Have fun.

http://www.grand-performance.com/gal...albumName=2004

Quick Reply: Grand Lake O' The Cherokees OK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.